Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My grades at A level were CBB, but econ is only a few marks off an A and I'm getting a remark - one paper was an A and the other was a D. The reason why I didn't get the grades I wanted was because I didn't revise for Econ3 or Bio4. I got As on Bio5 and Econ4. The C was in another subject which I will leave as it is. I will take another A level in the gap year.

Would I be able to make a competitive application to study PPE at Oxford by resiting in order to get A*A*A?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to seem rude or impatient, but I'd really appreciate a reply because I have to make a decision soon.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by themanename)
    My grades at A level were CBB, but econ is only a few marks off an A and I'm getting a remark - one paper was an A and the other was a D. The reason why I didn't get the grades I wanted was because I didn't revise for Econ3 or Bio4. I got As on Bio5 and Econ4. The C was in another subject which I will leave as it is. I will take another A level in the gap year.

Would I be able to make a competitive application to study PPE at Oxford by resiting in order to get A*A*A?
    Are those grades cashed in? If so, my understanding is you would have to declare the CBB grades. Short of a miracle with your TSA score and with no extenuating circumstances for those grades, I doubt you would be considered a competitive applicant :nah:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Are those grades cashed in? If so, my understanding is you would have to declare the CBB grades. Short of a miracle with your TSA score and with no extenuating circumstances for those grades, I doubt you would be considered a competitive applicant :nah:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know if they are cashed in. How do I find out? Thanks for the reply.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by themanename)
    I don't know if they are cashed in. How do I find out? Thanks for the reply.
    Ask your school. I imagine they probably have cashed them in :yes: You are probably better off settling on a more realistic application elsewhere. Or redoing A2s, getting new grades and only THEN trying Oxford :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, you wouldn't, be realistic

ReputationRep:
    What does cashing in a levels mean ? Can you still resit A2 papers later on, get a higher mark and then get a higher grade overall ? For example at uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Anymorefor123)
    What does cashing in a levels mean ? Can you still resit A2 papers later on, get a higher mark and then get a higher grade overall ? For example at uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've never entirely understood what it means in practice - all I know is that if a result is "cashed in", you can't omit it from your UCAS form. Afaik :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.