Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm going to the University of Kent this September. I was browsing various articles about advice for 'freshers week', and they all mentioned big events. I researched these events and found that they require tickets which usually sell out before uni begins.

Does anybody have any advice whether I should buy some tickets for events? I'm worried if I buy some all of my potential new uni friends wouldn't have brought them and I'll have to attend the events on my own :/

Thanks
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by thebat5002)
    Hi, I'm going to the University of Kent this September. I was browsing various articles about advice for 'freshers week', and they all mentioned big events. I researched these events and found that they require tickets which usually sell out before uni begins.

Does anybody have any advice whether I should buy some tickets for events? I'm worried if I buy some all of my potential new uni friends wouldn't have brought them and I'll have to attend the events on my own :/

Thanks
    Some Universities tend to reserve tickets for freshers since it is called freshers week. If you are under-18, it will be difficult to get tickets to attend certain events.

In the first instance, I suggest that you contact Kent's Students' Union to seek their opinion on how they do things. That way, you can gauge the sort of response that freshers typically give to freshers' events at Kent.

Good luck
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by thebat5002)

Thanks
    Hello

Usually certain universities SU events sell wristbands or tickets which basically allows you into all the Freshers events run by the SU at a cheaper price instead of paying for them separately and yes, this usually sell out massively before university begins. I'd say it's worth buying one - also depending on the deals the SU has made with local clubs, you can get discount on entry with the wristband etc. However, usually you can also buy tickets on the door for entry - but at the same time, you can look on your universities Facebook groups and sometimes people are selling their tickets/wristbands.

Hope this helps a little

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustGeorgeJ)
    Hello

Usually certain universities SU events sell wristbands or tickets which basically allows you into all the Freshers events run by the SU at a cheaper price instead of paying for them separately and yes, this usually sell out massively before university begins. I'd say it's worth buying one - also depending on the deals the SU has made with local clubs, you can get discount on entry with the wristband etc. However, usually you can also buy tickets on the door for entry - but at the same time, you can look on your universities Facebook groups and sometimes people are selling their tickets/wristbands.

Hope this helps a little
    Okay I think I will probably buy a wristband. Thank you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.