Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you really just see someone more as a friend sometimes? Watch

I've a male friend who fancies the pants off of me. He says I'm really 'hot', I have a great body, i'm really pretty etc. and that I 'know how to turn him on' and all the rest of it. We've slept together a couple of times, but it won't happen again.

We get on well too. We're not gonna see each other for a good 6 months due to distance, and then again for another 6 months after, but we talk online almost daily. he starts conversations with me too, and we talk about a lot of stuff, have a laugh etc.

He says I have everything going for me, I'm really nice, intelligent, funny and cool.

He says that when we first met he was interested, but realised he saw me as a friend afer this, and 'didn't see it working'.

Just a shame that he won't even give it a chance. He wants FWB but nothing more.

Could it be more the distance?Or is it genuinely a thing you just cannot help? I just feel like if he's attracted to me and we get on well, what else does he need that I can't give him? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Don't get into a friends with benefits situation with him. Tell him you're either being friends and that's it no mentioning of how hot you are and how much he wants to get into your pants or start a proper relationship

(Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Don't get into a friends with benefits situation with him. Tell him you're either being friends and that's it no mentioning of how hot you are and how much he wants to get into your pants or start a proper relationship
    We did, but I ended up getting upset, we both said it was a mistake, stopped that, and I tried to move on. Then more recently, he wanted to do it again, but then we realised it wasn't a good idea before anything happened.

It just always hurts me as to why he won't go out with me; I don't know what else he's looking for? And that he won't even give me a chance.. it could be that as there's a distance, he sees there's no point.

he's said he hasn't got any feelings, but I don't think that has to come right away. If he's attracted to me and we get on, and he genuinely likes me as a person, I don't get it.. :s

thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Not sure his reasoning for changing his mind, but he pretty much got everything he wanted from you; a best friend and a sexual companion.

It could be any number of reasons, but I think it best to keep this a platonic friendship and nothing more.

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Not sure his reasoning for changing his mind, but he pretty much got everything he wanted from you; a best friend and a sexual companion.

It could be any number of reasons, but I think it best to keep this a platonic friendship and nothing more.
    yeah.. maybe once he got what he wanted sexually, he didn't see a reason to commit to me. I've absolutely no idea! But you're right, we'll definitely keep it that way from now on! Thanks

bump

ReputationRep:
    You undersold yourself. Always maintain standards consistent with your character (high, if of good character). People will, sadly, tend to treat others 'as they find them', it's human nature. Red blooded males are not naturally monogamous, so if you send them a message that says [email protected] then guess what, they'll tend to treat you as a ****jar and that'll be the end of it

I think that's it, yeah. I'll know for next time anyway I've cut off contact and wished him well, so hopefully i'll forget my feelings!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.