Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Feeling hard done by

ReputationRep:
    So I have the grades for Industrial Economics at Nottingham, they ask for my certificate from last year (which they still haven't received and they know it's on its way) and they reject me today when most of the uni places are taken.

Bear in mind I have AAB. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nemanuel96)
    So I have the grades for Industrial Economics at Nottingham, they ask for my certificate from last year (which they still haven't received and they know it's on its way) and they reject me today when most of the uni places are taken.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    WTF

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/

Heard on the radio yesterday that these guys are still recruiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.m.h)
    WTF
    I know, I'm distraught.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arbitex)
    http://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/

Heard on the radio yesterday that these guys are still recruiting.
    Thanks but no thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys I dont know what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks but no thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My sentiments exactly.

ReputationRep:
    There's more to life than uni. Go down the apprenticeship or training route.

ReputationRep:
    Guys I dont know what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay there are a number of options:

-School leaver programmes (pwc offer a good one apparently) offered by a range of companies (I.e consultancies, IT etc). They normally ask for 320 ucas points and you surpass that!

-Try different unis and EXPLAIN your situation.

-Do work experiences build your cv with voluntary work etc and apply again next year (you will most likely get UF offers as already a grade achiever)

EDIT: I can sympathise with you. My grades weren't cashed in and my old grades were sent to the unis and I received rejections and it wasn't even my fault (centres fault). I surpassed the requirements and it feels like the world is against you but if you just make 1% progress each day (through whatever) than things can happen.

ReputationRep:
    This is extremely easy to solve. All the top unviersities will be happy to take you providing you contact them in the appropriate manner.
    There are no caps on the number of students they can take and they want your £9k. You have no reason to worry

ReputationRep:
    Update: Taken another gap year and studying Maths and Physics in a single year.

I regret not getting the C in one of my modules remarked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.