Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Getting a higher student loan? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am currently getting the minimum student loan amount of £3821. However my mother does not have a full time job as she is retired and my father doesn't live with me. Is there anyway to possibly get my loan increased?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kcinrah)
    I am currently getting the minimum student loan amount of £3821. However my mother does not have a full time job as she is retired and my father doesn't live with me. Is there anyway to possibly get my loan increased?
    If your parents are separated, then probably. If they remain together but just live apart, then probably not if you have already been income assessed on the incomes of both of your parents.

Your mother would have to provide proof that she and your father are separated, then you could be income assessed on your mother's income alone. Phone Student Finance, explain the situation and they will tell you what to do next.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.