Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am 162 cm tall and weigh 70 kg?

ReputationRep:
    measure your fat % or waist-hip ratio
    BMI means nothing, you could be full of muscle

ReputationRep:
    Picture needed. No other way to judge. 70kg can be 5% body fat or the other end of the spectrum.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Can't specify unless you check your BMI.

The NHS link to calcualte your BMI is here

Just a point to consider:
    BMI calculations are pretty poor and inaccurate. They only take height/gender/exercise level/weight as factors. In some instances an individual may not have 'fat' but muscle instead. BMI does not account for Body fat proportion or genetic factors that may affect the outcome of your BMI.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it unless you are a bodubuilder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1lastchance)
    The best way to test if you're fat is by shaking your entire body and then abruptly stop if your fat still jiggles then yes, if you're still firm then no you're fine.

ReputationRep:
    Your BMI is 26.6 which may suggest you are overweight if you have low bone density and low muscle mass.

ReputationRep:
    I am 189 cm tall and weigh 85 kg. I have belly bulge but look normal. Am I overweight?

ReputationRep:
    It is quite difficult to say based on weight and height alone. I'm roughly the same weight, 68kg, and I'm 173cm tall and I would be described as curvy because of the difference in my waist and hip measurement and the fact I have really muscular thighs. However someone else with very little muscle who accumulates weight on their stomach may look overweight. What are your waist and hip measurements because they will be more useful for you to determine whether you need to lose any weight?

ReputationRep:
    Unless you have high muscle mass, you are most likely overweight.

ReputationRep:
    Do you look fat?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.