Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently got my AS results and I got a C in chemistry. This is much much lower than I expected and I am not sure if Universities would still want to offer me places. My results were ABCC
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymymouse)
    I recently got my AS results and I got a C in chemistry. This is much much lower than I expected and I am not sure if Universities would still want to offer me places. My results were ABCC
    I got BCD with a D in bio and I'm still applying for genetics so if its your dream then follow it

ReputationRep:
    you will still get offers i belive but you will need to improve your overall grade at the end of A2 to meet the offer.

ReputationRep:
    Depends . What will your teachers predict you for it? What universities would you want to go to? And how are you going to improve for next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    I got BCD with a D in bio and I'm still applying for genetics so if its your dream then follow it
    Most definitely! A level results don't represent your ability in a subject or your passion for that subject - I got a B in A level biology despite knowing the course inside out simply because examiners stick to a regimented mark scheme, at university it's a whole different ball game and you'll be awarded for your own interpretation of questions. So go for it!

ReputationRep:
    Talk to your teachers and see what they predict you? If it's a one off it shouldn't be too much of an issue as you can improve next year to meet an offer

ReputationRep:
    You could always apply to a Natural Sciences course and follow a chemistry path, or take a foundation course that allows you to go into a chemistry degree.

As long as you're willing to put the effort in you can still study chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    It's good to hear I'm not the only one who got a lower grade in a subject they need at University

ReputationRep:
    You can still get that C up to a B or an A so don't worry, aim for the highest grade for A2.
    You can still do chemistry with a C at university at A2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah maybe, if you want to go to a **** uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by langlitz)
    Yeah maybe, if you want to go to a **** uni
    Those grades are more than enough to get an offer from a perfectly respectable university.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.