Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied to do biomedical science at LJMU, needed BBC to get in.

I ended up getting AAC and I feel as if I could have applied for better unis. I know there is adjustment and stuff but I've got my accommodation and my mind is set on LJMU.

Does reputation REALLY matter to future employers? I mean would they prefer me to get a 1st at LJMU, or a 2:1 at somewhere like Manchester or Southampton?

ReputationRep:
    I thought that when I got my results but I'm like you, I'd have had to change everything and... cba.

I think (and hope for our sakes) that employers will value our skills and abilities rather than where we got them from, looking at the stats JMU has similar employment and graduate pay to other unis so I'm not too fussed.

ReputationRep:
    Ambition is infinite.
    Reality is not.
    Adjust for reality, personal dreams, and optimism and your fine doing anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomlam)
    I thought that when I got my results but I'm like you, I'd have had to change everything and... cba.

I think (and hope for our sakes) that employers will value our skills and abilities rather than where we got them from, looking at the stats JMU has similar employment and graduate pay to other unis so I'm not too fussed.
    you're probably right man. hopefully all will be well for us and we can shine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToffeeBoy96)
    I applied to do biomedical science at LJMU, needed BBC to get in.

I ended up getting AAC and I feel as if I could have applied for better unis. I know there is adjustment and stuff but I've got my accommodation and my mind is set on LJMU.

Does reputation REALLY matter to future employers? I mean would they prefer me to get a 1st at LJMU, or a 2:1 at somewhere like Manchester or Southampton?
    Plenty of people with worse grades than you try to get into unis better than LJMU. I think you're wasting your A level grades and could get into somewhere better that would increase your employability if an employer was choosing between you and someone else with the exact same grades and work experience as you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.