Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd make a little thread to see if there are any other Ben Folds fans here? I've booked tickets to see him at Southampton on November 21st and I cannot wait! I bought tickets for my friends birthday, and she was absolutely over the moon. Bless her!

Any other Ben Folds fans wanna come and share the love? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    Just thought I'd make a little thread to see if there are any other Ben Folds fans here? I've booked tickets to see him at Southampton on November 21st and I cannot wait! I bought tickets for my friends birthday, and she was absolutely over the moon. Bless her!

Any other Ben Folds fans wanna come and share the love? :cool:
    Yay!
    Ben Folds is so ace! One of my friends got to see him a bit back when he was touring with Divine Comedy at one of the London shows, I think at Shepherds Bush.
    But I wont get to see him again as there are no London dates in this tour grrrrrrrrrr :mad:
    And also I totally missed out on seeing Ben Kweller, if you know/like him, as his London Islington Academy date sold out before I even knew about it!
    So, whilst I am happy that you will get to see Ben Folds perform live, and sing along with him to Brick, Zak and Sara, Rockin The Suburbs, Mess and other such fantasmagorical songs, I also feel envy (and mild hatred ) that you get to see him and I, do not
    Hope you have a wonderful time when the gig comes around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil-pink-stars)
    Yay!
    Ben Folds is so ace! One of my friends got to see him a bit back when he was touring with Divine Comedy at one of the London shows, I think at Shepherds Bush.
    But I wont get to see him again as there are no London dates in this tour grrrrrrrrrr :mad:
    And also I totally missed out on seeing Ben Kweller, if you know/like him, as his London Islington Academy date sold out before I even knew about it!
    So, whilst I am happy that you will get to see Ben Folds perform live, and sing along with him to Brick, Zak and Sara, Rockin The Suburbs, Mess and other such fantasmagorical songs, I also feel envy (and mild hatred ) that you get to see him and I, do not
    I have never heard of Ben Kweller, but I may do some research. Sorry you can't go. T'is a shame for sure But I'll tell you how good it was and that will have to be compensation enough I'm all excited, I've only ever seen one real gig (Keane) and this will be my second. (Well, actually, it may be my 4th, as Threshold are playing in London in Sept and Keane are at Southampton in November! YAY!) Wow, I am really excited now!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in I love Ben Folds...

If you like Ben Folds, you'll prob like Jason Mraz, John Mayer, Rufus Wainwright, Jack Johnson, Josh Rouse and Teitur (some of my other faves)..

ReputationRep:
    Ben Folds is playing in Cambridge in November, after we had no good gigs for about a million years.

This is after I leave for uni. He's not playing anywhere I'm going.

Damn...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RxB)
    Ben Folds is playing in Cambridge in November, after we had no good gigs for about a million years.

This is after I leave for uni. He's not playing anywhere I'm going.

Damn...
    Awww sympathy sympathy for you also (after I have lavished generous amounts on myself as I too will not have to pleasure of seeing Ben Folds! )

ReputationRep:
    Yea, Im a fan! Still Fighting It is a great track, probably his best.

ReputationRep:
    Awww sympathy sympathy for you also (after I have lavished generous amounts on myself as I too will not have to pleasure of seeing Ben Folds! )
    Have you heard any of his live recordings? When he does Army, because he hasn't got a band, he gets each half of the audience to sing a part. It sounds amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    I have never heard of Ben Kweller, but I may do some research. Sorry you can't go. T'is a shame for sure But I'll tell you how good it was and that will have to be compensation enough I'm all excited, I've only ever seen one real gig (Keane) and this will be my second. (Well, actually, it may be my 4th, as Threshold are playing in London in Sept and Keane are at Southampton in November! YAY!) Wow, I am really excited now!
    Ben Kweller is a bit of a young rock prodigy. He was in a band called Radish that was supposed to be the next big thing. They were all like 16 or 17.

I really like Ben Fold when he had his band, Ben Folds Five. I have the album Whatever and ever Amen. I prefer their sad melancholic side to their funny, sarky side: songs like Evaporated or Brick are amazing. On other albums I really like Air and Army.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RxB)
    Have you heard any of his live recordings? When he does Army, because he hasn't got a band, he gets each half of the audience to sing a part. It sounds amazing.
    For sure I completely love Ben Folds Live! Although I don't actually own it yet but I'm thinking of stealing it off one of my friends again soon
    I'd say it's one of the best live albums I have ever heard, all the songs sound great and the audience really know their stuff

(Original post by SamTheMan)
    Ben Kweller is a bit of a young rock prodigy. He was in a band called Radish that was supposed to be the next big thing. They were all like 16 or 17.

I really like Ben Fold when he had his band, Ben Folds Five. I have the album Whatever and ever Amen. I prefer their sad melancholic side to their funny, sarky side: songs like Evaporated or Brick are amazing. On other albums I really like Air and Army.
    That's the man, previously of Radish fame, who split up in about 1999 or thereabouts, after releasing their first album 'Restraining Bolt'.
    I really like all of his Radish stuff, and have pretty much every song on my computer, and consequently I also like the Ben Kweller's solo music, my favourite song by him is 'In Other Words', it's so lovely

ReputationRep:
    For sure I completely love Ben Folds Live! Although I don't actually own it yet but I'm thinking of stealing it off one of my friends again soon
    I'd say it's one of the best live albums I have ever heard, all the songs sound great and the audience really know their stuff

That's the man, previously of Radish fame, who split up in about 1999 or thereabouts, after releasing their first album 'Restraining Bolt'.
    I really like all of his Radish stuff, and have pretty much every song on my computer, and consequently I also like the Ben Kweller's solo music, my favourite song by him is 'In Other Words', it's so lovely
    I only know Wasted & Ready. It was on Xfm a lot. "She is a slut but her ex thinks it's sexy". Actually I'm not sure I understood that lyric properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    I only know Wasted & Ready. It was on Xfm a lot. "She is a slut but her ex thinks it's sexy". Actually I'm not sure I understood that lyric properly.
    'Sex reminds her of eating spaghetti' I read somewhere that that line in the song is meant to be refering to a film, or about films....something to do with films :confused:
    I don't understand "She is a slut but her ex thinks it's sexy". either....in fact the whole chorus seems fairly bizarre to me!
    And I never heard Wasted and Ready on XFM! And I listen to it everyday! Tut me :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Yay!
    hehe ben kweller and ben folds are ace!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    I'm in I love Ben Folds...

If you like Ben Folds, you'll prob like Jason Mraz, John Mayer, Rufus Wainwright, Jack Johnson, Josh Rouse and Teitur (some of my other faves)..
    John Mayer...so amazing live
    Rufus Wainwright/Jason Mraz/Jack Johnson/Ben Folds...also my faves

You've got great taste! (just like meee

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.