Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A2 edexcel geography unit 4 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    soooooo, i'm really confused with this whole unit 4 section- I feel like for the core questions in my unit- pollution and human health at risk- i'm just copying the textbook? really worried my notes will be rubbish. (
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    x

ReputationRep:
    I did the food security unit but I found it really helpful to do research online about my topic. The Guardian is a really helpful website with loads of useful articles. Before your exam try writing out paragraphs of the report and giving them to your teacher to mark. Sorry if this isn't much help :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caits24)
    I did the food security unit but I found it really helpful to do research online about my topic. The Guardian is a really helpful website with loads of useful articles. Before your exam try writing out paragraphs of the report and giving them to your teacher to mark. Sorry if this isn't much help :/
    Finallyyyy, someone answered! Thank you so much!

I've been doing a lot of online research since i've started looking up case studies. There's a lot of information from a tonne of sources- one of my case studies has a maximum of 5 sources. :/ Is this too much to reference?

Thank you again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IRoranth)
    Finallyyyy, someone answered! Thank you so much!

I've been doing a lot of online research since i've started looking up case studies. There's a lot of information from a tonne of sources- one of my case studies has a maximum of 5 sources. :/ Is this too much to reference?

Thank you again!
    Aha that's okay. It is a lot of references but you don't need to remember all of them and you don't need to write down the entire web address. Make sure to have varied sources such as books newspaper articles, websites etc. So the topic I did was Life on the Margins and I know I used www.fao.org.uk a lot but instead of writing the whole address I just put [FAO] in brackets next to a quote. Learn the important sources and make sure that the sources you are using are reliable. Don't go using wikipedia

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    kinda go the same problem,any solutions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caits24)
    Aha that's okay. It is a lot of references but you don't need to remember all of them and you don't need to write down the entire web address. Make sure to have varied sources such as books newspaper articles, websites etc. So the topic I did was Life on the Margins and I know I used www.fao.org.uk a lot but instead of writing the whole address I just put [FAO] in brackets next to a quote. Learn the important sources and make sure that the sources you are using are reliable. Don't go using wikipedia

Hope this helps
    How did you revise A2 geography, especially when balancing unit 3 and unit 4?
    What techniques did you use?

Thank you and I hope you're having a good time at university, if you are lol =)

(Original post by Uniguyhopefully)
    kinda go the same problem,any solutions?
    What module are you doing for unit 4? I'm doing Pollution and Human Health at Risk.

ReputationRep:
    Mind maps are a wonderful thing!! When doing unit 4 don't do too much research. Only find out the things you really need to know. When you get your steer for unit 4 write come up with some questions that may appear in the exam and then write paragraphs and get your teacher to mark them. Once you've perfected a paragraph learn it so when you get to the exam all you need to do is adapt to fit the question. Use a diagram when you can and always always link back to the question whether it's unit 3 or 4. I always struggled with a level geography but in the end unit 4 was the best unit for me. I got E's and U's in all my other units but aced a B with unit 4. It won't be as bad as you think. Just keep calm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caits24)
    mind maps are a wonderful thing!! When doing unit 4 don't do too much research. Only find out the things you really need to know. When you get your steer for unit 4 write come up with some questions that may appear in the exam and then write paragraphs and get your teacher to mark them. Once you've perfected a paragraph learn it so when you get to the exam all you need to do is adapt to fit the question. Use a diagram when you can and always always link back to the question whether it's unit 3 or 4. I always struggled with a level geography but in the end unit 4 was the best unit for me. I got e's and u's in all my other units but aced a b with unit 4. It won't be as bad as you think. Just keep calm

posted from tsr mobile
    thank you thank you thank you this is the advice i needed =D thanks a lot!!! =D

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.