The Student Room Group

Qmul sefp

Anyone else starting the SEFP scheme for Physics at Queen Mary in September? :smile:
Same here, I got a place through Clearing. How about you?
Reply 2
Original post by Ichiko N.A.B.
Same here, I got a place through Clearing. How about you?

Awesome! I missed entry requirements by a couple grades and was offered this route instead! Originially applied for Astrophysics
Original post by moonpie97
Awesome! I missed entry requirements by a couple grades and was offered this route instead! Originially applied for Astrophysics

Straight Astrophysics or Physics and Astrophysics?
QMUL has a pretty cool telescope on the top floor of one of their buildings, so you might be using that in a couple of years :smile:
Reply 4
Straight Astrophysics or Physics and Astrophysics?
QMUL has a pretty cool telescope on the top floor of one of their buildings, so you might be using that in a couple of years :smile:

Straight astrophysics! How about you? Ah yes!! I've heard all about it however on the days i went for open days it was always closed for maintenance! :frown:
Straight astrophysics! How about you? Ah yes!! I've heard all about it however on the days i went for open days it was always closed for maintenance! :frown:

V
Straight Physics, QMUL had a Physics taster day in July and we went on a tour which included the telescope! There was a PhD student who explained it to us (he had some good deadpan Physics 'banter' :biggrin:) and it comes with a sophisticated computer system and everything!
The telescope has an echoey aluminium roof and it was raining at the time, so the student had to shout for us to hear him because the rain sounded like thunder - still, it was fun. We have that to look forward to.
Reply 6
V
Straight Physics, QMUL had a Physics taster day in July and we went on a tour which included the telescope! There was a PhD student who explained it to us (he had some good deadpan Physics 'banter' :biggrin:) and it comes with a sophisticated computer system and everything!
The telescope has an echoey aluminium roof and it was raining at the time, so the student had to shout for us to hear him because the rain sounded like thunder - still, it was fun. We have that to look forward to.

That sounds so rad. One of the things I'm most looking forward to! Haha I've always found the QMUL staff are full of Physics banter :') Have you heard anything about enrolment?
That sounds so rad. One of the things I'm most looking forward to! Haha I've always found the QMUL staff are full of Physics banter :':wink: Have you heard anything about enrolment?

Admissions said they would email on Monday with enrolment details. I checked the section of the website for new students (it has details on enrolment week and Freshers week) and I assume that we would be going to the Physics enrolment because the SEFP one is only available for international students.

I also saw some really cool Freshers events like quizzes, city day trips to Bath and Oxford, and free film screenings!
Reply 8
Admissions said they would email on Monday with enrolment details. I checked the section of the website for new students (it has details on enrolment week and Freshers week) and I assume that we would be going to the Physics enrolment because the SEFP one is only available for international students.

I also saw some really cool Freshers events like quizzes, city day trips to Bath and Oxford, and free film screenings!

Awesome. I'm expecting the email any day now! Haha, probably see you there :smile: Ah man that sounds so cool, gonna have a look now myself!!
Is this HHX1?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending