The Student Room Group

Does this require maths?

Hi, so I got my AS results, and my school are pushing me to drop the maths, which didn't go very well. But I want to apply for the JLR apprenticeship scheme, which has these requirements - "
2 A-levels at grade C or above in both a Mathematical subject and a Science, Technology or Engineering related subject or a BTEC Level 3 (180 credits with a minimum of a merit award in the mathematical element) or equivalent in an Engineering or Technology related discipline. "
I did quite well in Physics, Maths and Chemistry, do you think any of these would count as a mathematical subject? I.e. could I get in with physics and chemistry. Thanks for any replies. I realise it sounds a stupid question but I just want people's opinions before I decide to apply in November and realise it needs it or anything like that...
(edited 7 years ago)
I know they tend to be quite busy at this time of year, and don't want to waste their time particularly with small issues.
Reply 2
worth asking them, but it seems they want a maths and a science (in essence) - so you might need to stick with the maths :3
Can't stick with the maths sadly lol, the school made the decision for me to drop it. I might try to find an email address at some point. Might try and persuade them that physics should count as mathematical lol. Thanks for the replies.
Don't have a facebook sadly, and don't want one, I'll just wait until the applications come out and see then
That's an excellent point actually. I know that the first part of the application is where you state grades etc, if it doesn't explicitly state you need maths I'll give them a ring and ask, I don't want to waste their time. Thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending