Turn on thread page Beta

how to deal with bordom watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    okay, I have a job at a desk (but no one else is in the room ) and I was wondering tips on beating boredom, so far, I've listened to cds, written a hiswtory artcles, drank diet coke (although not anymore ) and many other things, now I cant go on websites, because of the stupidly slow computer I can only go on one page at the time, which hasd to be my work page, any ideas?

Use your imagination, write lots of stories, i write stories all the time.

ReputationRep:
    can you use a telephone? i mean are you allowed?

ReputationRep:
    Get an obsession. Queen is good.

ReputationRep:
    only thing is I only have a little while between thinking and wait so I had to give up writng the aricle becuase I kept on loosing my place, although I could try that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    can you use a telephone? i mean are you allowed?
    there isn't one, so unless I use my mobile, I have been sending texts, but apart from that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    okay, I have a job at a desk (but no one else is in the room ) and I was wondering tips on beating boredom, so far, I've listened to cds, written a hiswtory artcles, drank diet coke (although not anymore ) and many other things, now I cant go on websites, because of the stupidly slow computer I can only go on one page at the time, which hasd to be my work page, any ideas?
    hypnotise yourself

ReputationRep:
    complain to the manager and say ure comp is reali old and slow and keeps u from fullfillin ure full potential.

then hope he orders u a state of the art new comp wid fast internet

ReputationRep:
    Come onto this site

www.uk-learning.net

ReputationRep:
    why not set the computer to defrag over night?! That should make it go faster- at least thats what the computer science lot mutter about all the time!!

Or try the crossword in the times!

ReputationRep:
    I have told you, text the first verse of gay bar to a load of friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I have told you, text the first verse of gay bar to a load of friends.
    whats that?

ReputationRep:
    ive been going to work since yesterday, and for some reason i keep falling asleep :eek:
    i work in the bank and when its quite i sit there and i fall asleep. anyone know whats going on i slept all day wednesday before i started i just feel all lazy. last year when i got the job i was excited and enjoyed waking up and going up to london but this year i cant be assed and i fear i will get the sack. plus i have fell asleep on the train going home and ended up in some crazy places.
    i was gonna start a new thread but this is kinda related to this. please someone help

ReputationRep:
    whats that?
    You!
    I wanna take you to a gay bar
    I wanna take you to a gay bar, gay bar gay bar whoa!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    You!
    I wanna take you to a gay bar, gay bar gay bar whoa!
    why would someone want to recieve that?

ReputationRep:
    Idea number one: learn how to proof read titles
    Idea number two: learn how to spell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    why would someone want to recieve that?
    It is just something to do when you are bored. It passes the time as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Idea number one: learn how to proof read titles
    Idea number two: learn how to spell
    how do you spell boredom anyway?

I'm useless at spelling, always have been! I am learning how to touch type which passes the time.

ReputationRep:
    read books and magazines?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I brought with me light books, apart from today which I forgot, and then my train was delayed an HOUR!!! I was sittin gthere really bored, then went on and no one was on and thought this is a consoltion when I had four seats then this really smelly aftershave guy came and sat next to me and I was like grrr, I played with my phone a lot, I can to the 16 square game in 14 moves, I dont think its possible to do it in much less!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.