This discussion is closed.
riotgrrrl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
okay, I have a job at a desk (but no one else is in the room ) and I was wondering tips on beating boredom, so far, I've listened to cds, written a hiswtory artcles, drank diet coke (although not anymore ) and many other things, now I cant go on websites, because of the stupidly slow computer I can only go on one page at the time, which hasd to be my work page, any ideas?
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
Use your imagination, write lots of stories, i write stories all the time.
_EMMA_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
can you use a telephone? i mean are you allowed?
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Get an obsession. Queen is good.
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
only thing is I only have a little while between thinking and wait so I had to give up writng the aricle becuase I kept on loosing my place, although I could try that...
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by _EMMA_)
can you use a telephone? i mean are you allowed?
there isn't one, so unless I use my mobile, I have been sending texts, but apart from that...
Quiksilver
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by historyhoney)
okay, I have a job at a desk (but no one else is in the room ) and I was wondering tips on beating boredom, so far, I've listened to cds, written a hiswtory artcles, drank diet coke (although not anymore ) and many other things, now I cant go on websites, because of the stupidly slow computer I can only go on one page at the time, which hasd to be my work page, any ideas?
hypnotise yourself
Pete.S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
complain to the manager and say ure comp is reali old and slow and keeps u from fullfillin ure full potential.

then hope he orders u a state of the art new comp wid fast internet
Whats_The_411?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Come onto this site

www.uk-learning.net

_Shines_
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
why not set the computer to defrag over night?! That should make it go faster- at least thats what the computer science lot mutter about all the time!!

Or try the crossword in the times!
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have told you, text the first verse of gay bar to a load of friends.
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
I have told you, text the first verse of gay bar to a load of friends.
whats that?
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ive been going to work since yesterday, and for some reason i keep falling asleep :eek:
i work in the bank and when its quite i sit there and i fall asleep. anyone know whats going on i slept all day wednesday before i started i just feel all lazy. last year when i got the job i was excited and enjoyed waking up and going up to london but this year i cant be assed and i fear i will get the sack. plus i have fell asleep on the train going home and ended up in some crazy places.
i was gonna start a new thread but this is kinda related to this. please someone help
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
whats that?
You!
I wanna take you to a gay bar
I wanna take you to a gay bar, gay bar gay bar whoa!
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
You!
I wanna take you to a gay bar, gay bar gay bar whoa!
why would someone want to recieve that?
Cate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Idea number one: learn how to proof read titles
Idea number two: learn how to spell
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
why would someone want to recieve that?
It is just something to do when you are bored. It passes the time as well.
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cate)
Idea number one: learn how to proof read titles
Idea number two: learn how to spell
how do you spell boredom anyway?

I'm useless at spelling, always have been! I am learning how to touch type which passes the time.
priya
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
read books and magazines?
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
yeah, I brought with me light books, apart from today which I forgot, and then my train was delayed an HOUR!!! I was sittin gthere really bored, then went on and no one was on and thought this is a consoltion when I had four seats then this really smelly aftershave guy came and sat next to me and I was like grrr, I played with my phone a lot, I can to the 16 square game in 14 moves, I dont think its possible to do it in much less!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (72)
18.46%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (78)
20%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (74)
18.97%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (84)
21.54%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (41)
10.51%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
10.51%

Watched Threads