Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

so i got my insurance choice but I dont really want to go there, so i contacted Swansea and they said that when I get release i will have a place with them, so i got an e-mail with the place but it says you have to answer withing 48 hours, so my question is how do i go about asking them to release me quickly. Should I call them or e-mail?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I presume you've now hopefully been released but unfortunately apart from pestering them, theres no way to really speed the process up.
    (Original post by jeja12)
    Hey!

so i got my insurance choice but I dont really want to go there, so i contacted Swansea and they said that when I get release i will have a place with them, so i got an e-mail with the place but it says you have to answer withing 48 hours, so my question is how do i go about asking them to release me quickly. Should I call them or e-mail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I presume you've now hopefully been released but unfortunately apart from pestering them, theres no way to really speed the process up.
    i'm in a similar situation i want to go into clearing and wished to be released i emailed swansea on Tuesday, thursday and saturday and got no response via email, i'll call them on Monday repeatedly on Tuesday and Wednesday but other than tht idk what to do so annoying there not responding but monday i'll call them three times a day for three days before results day if i have to but i want my clearing number asap and i'm nervous ..

ReputationRep:
    email them this
    Yo bish
    Set me free
    I'm moving on up
    bye felicia
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by adas0a)
    i'm in a similar situation i want to go into clearing and wished to be released i emailed swansea on Tuesday, thursday and saturday and got no response via email, i'll call them on Monday repeatedly on Tuesday and Wednesday but other than tht idk what to do so annoying there not responding but monday i'll call them three times a day for three days before results day if i have to but i want my clearing number asap and i'm nervous ..
    There's no guarantee the email is being checked always call them.

ReputationRep:
    i highly doubt that they haven't seen it, QM saw it perfectly and released me.
    but i'll call on monday, tuesday, wednesday repeatadly till its done.

ReputationRep:
    also once i get my clearing number and am released (hopefully) i want to apply for a different course in clearing would i need a new personal statement for the course at which i intend to apply with?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    also once i get my clearing number and am released (hopefully) i want to apply for a different course in clearing would i need a new personal statement for the course at which i intend to apply with?
    They might ask for one yes, it's always better to communicate by phone, gets stuff done quicker.

ReputationRep:
    They might ask for one yes, it's always better to communicate by phone, gets stuff done quicker.
    but would they really?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by jeja12)
    Hey!

Email them NOW.

Follow that up with a phone call first thing on results day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Email them NOW.

Follow that up with a phone call first thing on results day.
    i've emailed three times this week already and have had no response, i'll have to call on monday.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    i've emailed three times this week already and have had no response, i'll have to call on monday.
    They are busy processing results for applicants who want a place. Don't call universities this week. They won't discuss your application.

If you don't get a response by Wednesday lunchtime then ring on Wednesday afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    They are busy processing results for applicants who want a place. Don't call universities this week. They won't discuss your application.

If you don't get a response by Wednesday lunchtime then ring on Wednesday afternoon.
    i really want this situation to be delt with, why can't i just call them today and get them to release me , i need my clearing number in time of results day because places go thick and fast.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    i really want this situation to be delt with, why can't i just call them today and get them to release me , i need my clearing number in time of results day because places go thick and fast.
    They have your results - you can try but universities get all sorts of muppets ringing up this week trying to get a hint about how they've done. So the standard answer is almost always "sorry we can't discuss your application until Thursday". If you email then they can note it down but hold off on responding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    They have your results - you can try but universities get all sorts of muppets ringing up this week trying to get a hint about how they've done. So the standard answer is almost always "sorry we can't discuss your application until Thursday". If you email then they can note it down but hold off on responding.
    but as you said earlier its good if i call on Wednesday?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    but as you said earlier its good if i call on Wednesday?
    Wednesday afternoon is fine to chase up your email. But they might still refuse to speak to you - if it's to follow up on an email though then they might be willing to speak to you or let you know whether you email has been received.

They're not likely to respond to your emails during the embargo period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Wednesday afternoon is fine to chase up your email. But they might still refuse to speak to you - if it's to follow up on an email though then they might be willing to speak to you or let you know whether you email has been received.

They're not likely to respond to your emails during the embargo period.
    just contacted them and they said it doesn't show up on track yet but will definitely be sorted in time by 8am Thursday so i am fine. Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    are universities obligated to release you if you decide to go to a different uni through clearing ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marklow)
    are universities obligated to release you if you decide to go to a different uni through clearing ?
    technically no but they don't want someone who doesn't want to be there as long as u make up a reason.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.