Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'd like advice on whether or not to buy tickets for freshers club events for Nottingham; they keep posting on their facebook page about tickets running out so buy now, but I don't want to buy them only to find out that my flatmates haven't got tickets..any advice from personal experience welcome!

ReputationRep:
    When I was a fresher last year none of us bothered buying them. Your hall will have events organised anyway, and you'll be able to buy the tickets when you're there, although I stayed in catered halls so I'm not sure if self-catered is any different

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't buy any of the non-uni events as you'll probably not end up going to these and you will get given a freshers band which will give you access to the uni organised events!
    You will probably go with your flat mates and they will probably not have tickets to those events. I'm going in to second year and didn't buy any and none of us went To any of the non-uni events.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pippin_)
    I'd like advice on whether or not to buy tickets for freshers club events for Nottingham; they keep posting on their facebook page about tickets running out so buy now, but I don't want to buy them only to find out that my flatmates haven't got tickets..any advice from personal experience welcome!
    Glad someone else has had this query! I'm heading to Nottingham this September and have seen the fresher's events all over the facebook pages and so have been debating about whether to buy tickets or not...

ReputationRep:
    All the official freshers events will be posted here nearer the time: http://uonwelcome.co.uk
    Keep checking that page as they are usually posted a couple of weeks before uni starts. Anything else is unofficial and not organised by UoN students union.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's also the Varsity Bar Crawl this year- tickets here: http://www.studentclubber.co.uk/even...-uni-vs-trent/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.