Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would like to ask a question about the a levels boundaries. In economics i n AS i got a raw mark 57 (B) while getting an A was 59. However, my UMS mark was 83% and getting an A was 80. What did i get A or B??
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by joannatsingi)
    I would like to ask a question about the a levels boundaries. In economics i n AS i got a raw mark 57 (B) while getting an A was 59. However, my UMS mark was 83% and getting an A was 80. What did i get A or B??
    That's confusing - I would contact your school about that. From the information given it honestly could be either, unless you misunderstood something but I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    That's confusing - I would contact your school about that. From the information given it honestly could be either, unless you misunderstood something but I doubt it.
    I ment in Unit 2 As
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I ment in Unit 2 As
    Sorry - that's not quite clear then

What does it say you got for Unit 1 and for Unit 2, and overall?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Sorry my previous message wasn't posted completely. Look I got B overall. In unit 1 i got 49/80 that's C. In Unit 2 i got 57/80,in raw that's B but i am confused because according to UMS that's 83/100 (A).
    Are you sure it's not out of 120 for Unit 2?

Which exam board is this for?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry - that's not quite clear then

What does it say you got for Unit 1 and for Unit 2, and overall?
    Sorry my previous message wasn't posted completely. Look I got B overall. In unit 1 i got 49/80 that's C. In Unit 2 i got 57/80,in raw that's B but i am confused because according to UMS that's 83/100 (A).

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure it's not out of 120 for Unit 2?

Which exam board is this for?
    In unit 4(A2) is out of 120, in unit 1&2 is out of 80. it's edexcel international economics

ReputationRep:
    you got an A in unit 2 and a C in unit 1 which averages to a B overall
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Okay, I had a look at your spec ( I think ...) and all 4 units are out of 80.

Is it because 57/80 = 71% that you think it's a B? Or something to do with what 57 raw marks = in UMS? Because it just looks like you got a C in unit 1 and A in unit 2, so B overall

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I had a look at your spec ( I think ...) and all 4 units are out of 80.

Is it because 57/80 = 71% that you think it's a B? Or something to do with what 57 raw marks = in UMS? Because it just looks like you got a C in unit 1 and A in unit 2, so B overall
    Yes,that what is exactly what i thought about Unit 2.
    Thank you very much about your help!! that's encourage me to retake unit 1 because i didnt finish it the day of the exam
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Yes,that what is exactly what i thought about Unit 2.
    Thank you very much about your help!! that's encourage me to retake unit 1 because i didnt finish it the day of the exam
    Yeah, it's your UMS that counts. You could get 50% (making this up, and it'd be a very exterme case if it were real) in terms of raw marks in an exam and still get maybe 80% or 90% UMS if grade boundaries were really low, equally you could get 97% of the marks and get 90% of the UMS or something when there's high boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's your UMS that counts. You could get 50% (making this up, and it'd be a very exterme case if it were real) in terms of raw marks in an exam and still get maybe 80% or 90% UMS if grade boundaries were really low, equally you could get 97% of the marks and get 90% of the UMS or something when there's high boundaries.
    yea i understand. the a levels are very demanding in terms of the grade boundaries

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.