The Student Room Group

If I sd photography as an A level can I still do medicine?

I got an a E in my As for mathematic so I may have to drop it and I am already doing biology and chemistry, will universities still look at me if I pick photography as my third A Level?
Reply 1
Unfortunately, I don't think so... Some Universities don't even accept Art subjects as an A-Level towards UCAS points. Maybe research into the University you want to apply for and see if they will!
Hi, for that would you have to do a third year because many medical schools at undergraduate level don't like that. As for photography that shouldn't deter you, I know quite a few people applying to medicine that aren't doing maths but are doing like art or geography instead. On UCAS you may though have to put down your AS maths grade but i'm not to sure about that... Either way, go for it, doing photography shoudn't put you at any disadvantage unless you wanted to apply to like oxbridge or more traditional medical schools :smile:
A bit unconventional but I think so. I read about this girl who applied for medicine with art as her third a level and she was accepted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending