Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

well I got into KCL, but I'm going on holiday tomorrow. (won't be back by the 8th of september)

I'm freaking out because I don't know if there is anything extra required for me to do?

So what does KCL do after your have an unconditional offer from them? Will you need to send a slip back or what?

BTW, am coming back on the 8th...is that fine?

thank you
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    You'll most likely only have to complete enrolment, which is usually done online, so you'll be sent an email regarding that sometime soon. Aside from that, I don't believe there is much else to do. There isn't going to be anything scheduled for the 1st week of September so as far as I am aware you won't miss anything.

If you're concerned, give KCL a call, but apart from that I'd just make sure that on holiday you have access to WiFi so you can keep an eye on your emails.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    You'll most likely only have to complete enrolment, which is usually done online, so you'll be sent an email regarding that sometime soon. Aside from that, I don't believe there is much else to do. There isn't going to be anything scheduled for the 1st week of September so as far as I am aware you won't miss anything.

If you're concerned, give KCL a call, but apart from that I'd just make sure that on holiday you have access to WiFi so you can keep an eye on your emails.
    Thank you

What do we have to do to enrol online? Is a picture of us required?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by starshine909)
    Thank you

What do we have to do to enrol online? Is a picture of us required?
    I'm unsure if the procedure has changed from when I joined regarding the picture for your ID card, but we got a picture taken at uni itself that was used (as opposed to providing one online).

As for enrolment, it's simply a case of confirming things like where you'll be living, next of kin, emergency contact numbers, that sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm unsure if the procedure has changed from when I joined regarding the picture for your ID card, but we got a picture taken at uni itself that was used (as opposed to providing one online).

As for enrolment, it's simply a case of confirming things like where you'll be living, next of kin, emergency contact numbers, that sort of thing.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:

Sorry another Q, will we need to show our student finance letter to them? Or..?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by starshine909)
    Sorry another Q, will we need to show our student finance letter to them? Or..?
    Shouldn't think so, I've never had to how them the physical letter itself. Again, enrolment confirms how it is you're paying for the year (Directly, using Student Finance etc) so you'll have plenty more info there when you get to it

If there are concerns regarding Student Finance the service you'll want to talk to are the KCL Compass: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/campuslife/serv...ass/index.aspx . They'll be the place you talk to a lot for all the official stuff like money, documentation etc.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.