The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Got into my firm but...!

Hi guys,

well I got into KCL, but I'm going on holiday tomorrow. (won't be back by the 8th of september)

I'm freaking out because I don't know if there is anything extra required for me to do?

So what does KCL do after your have an unconditional offer from them? Will you need to send a slip back or what?

BTW, am coming back on the 8th...is that fine?

thank you
(edited 7 years ago)
You'll most likely only have to complete enrolment, which is usually done online, so you'll be sent an email regarding that sometime soon. Aside from that, I don't believe there is much else to do. There isn't going to be anything scheduled for the 1st week of September so as far as I am aware you won't miss anything.

If you're concerned, give KCL a call, but apart from that I'd just make sure that on holiday you have access to WiFi so you can keep an eye on your emails.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by MrDystopia
You'll most likely only have to complete enrolment, which is usually done online, so you'll be sent an email regarding that sometime soon. Aside from that, I don't believe there is much else to do. There isn't going to be anything scheduled for the 1st week of September so as far as I am aware you won't miss anything.

If you're concerned, give KCL a call, but apart from that I'd just make sure that on holiday you have access to WiFi so you can keep an eye on your emails.

Thank you :smile:

What do we have to do to enrol online? Is a picture of us required?
Original post by starshine909
Thank you :smile:

What do we have to do to enrol online? Is a picture of us required?

I'm unsure if the procedure has changed from when I joined regarding the picture for your ID card, but we got a picture taken at uni itself that was used (as opposed to providing one online).

As for enrolment, it's simply a case of confirming things like where you'll be living, next of kin, emergency contact numbers, that sort of thing.
I'm unsure if the procedure has changed from when I joined regarding the picture for your ID card, but we got a picture taken at uni itself that was used (as opposed to providing one online).

As for enrolment, it's simply a case of confirming things like where you'll be living, next of kin, emergency contact numbers, that sort of thing.

Thank you! :smile:

Sorry another Q, will we need to show our student finance letter to them? Or..?
Original post by starshine909
Sorry another Q, will we need to show our student finance letter to them? Or..?

Shouldn't think so, I've never had to how them the physical letter itself. Again, enrolment confirms how it is you're paying for the year (Directly, using Student Finance etc) so you'll have plenty more info there when you get to it :smile:

If there are concerns regarding Student Finance the service you'll want to talk to are the KCL Compass: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/campuslife/services/the-compass/index.aspx . They'll be the place you talk to a lot for all the official stuff like money, documentation etc.

Quick Reply

Latest