Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've got my WJEC German AS results back and I got a C on the oral part which I was not expecting and a high A on the written paper giving me a B overall, I was wondering if anyone else did worse on their oral that they expected and also how do remarks for orals work? I'm assuming you can't get a copy of the 'script' but is there usually a lot of ambiguity in oral marking so is it likely to change if I got it remarked? I found it very strange as I usually do really well in orals, I got an A in the mock and I didn't find the exam particularly hard!

I know not many people do this course but if you have any useful info I'd appreciate it!!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think you might be able to get the script or an audio file back at least?
    --
    I did worse than I expected on my oral too (though i'm AQA) - I was expecting a comfortable/high B, but I got the exact number of marks needed for a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauraexplorer)
    So I've got my WJEC German AS results back and I got a C on the oral part which I was not expecting and a high A on the written paper giving me a B overall, I was wondering if anyone else did worse on their oral that they expected and also how do remarks for orals work? I'm assuming you can't get a copy of the 'script' but is there usually a lot of ambiguity in oral marking so is it likely to change if I got it remarked? I found it very strange as I usually do really well in orals, I got an A in the mock and I didn't find the exam particularly hard!

I know not many people do this course but if you have any useful info I'd appreciate it!!

Thanks
    don't worry about it, I did A Level German and was in exactly the same situation! Low A in the written paper and a C in the oral so I got a B. I resat it this year and got 95% in the AS oral exam- and I swear I can't actually speak German Soooo much easier the second time round and I didn't prepare for it one bit plus I got an A overall in A2 so resitting was really worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I think you might be able to get the script or an audio file back at least?
    --
    I did worse than I expected on my oral too (though i'm AQA) - I was expecting a comfortable/high B, but I got the exact number of marks needed for a B
    it's so annoying isn't it!! I feel like the external examiner didn't really ask enough but I still said loads and i'm usually good with accuracy so I don't know where I went wrong :/ I think i'm going to wait till I go back and speak to my teacher because i'm not in any rush it's just so annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rleah1998)
    don't worry about it, I did A Level German and was in exactly the same situation! Low A in the written paper and a C in the oral so I got a B. I resat it this year and got 95% in the AS oral exam- and I swear I can't actually speak German Soooo much easier the second time round and I didn't prepare for it one bit plus I got an A overall in A2 so resitting was really worth it.
    Thank you! I think resitting it would be worth it but I don't know whether i'm going to drop it or not because i'm applying for Natural Sciences which is completely unrelated :/ I would love to because I love the subject but there's SO MUCH WORK!

ReputationRep:
    I did WJEC Spanish and WJEC French. I got C's in both my orals which i was very disappointed with, as I was expecting As. I'm going to have my spanish oral and spanish written papers remarked because i'm only two ums off a B overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammy1000)
    I did WJEC Spanish and WJEC French. I got C's in both my orals which i was very disappointed with, as I was expecting As. I'm going to have my spanish oral and spanish written papers remarked because i'm only two ums off a B overall.
    You sound in a similar place to me, I was definitely expecting an A in my oral so a C was definitely disappointing, from the people I've spoken to it seems like not many people got what they were expecting this year :/ I'm still debating a remark

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.