Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got my AS results yesterday and not gonna lie, I goofed and got B (Biology), C (Chemistry), C (Physics) and D (Maths).
    I thought it'd be better to book my UKCAT after my results and the only days I can do the exam are the 15th and 16th of September which is more or less a month away.
    But having seen my results, I'm not sure what to do now.
    I could pay £65 for the UKCAT and pray my predicted results are good and work my arse off to try and get into medicine at uni or give the UKCAT a miss for a year, work to ace my A2s then take a gap year and then re-apply or instead take up a course like Biomedical Sciences and try to transfer when I'm at uni.
    I'm a little stuck because if I'm going for medicine for next year, I need to do the UKCAT, complete the personal statement and then apply for universities.
    What do you guys reckon is the right call?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Hansaka)
    I got my AS results yesterday and not gonna lie, I goofed and got B (Biology), C (Chemistry), C (Physics) and D (Maths).
    I thought it'd be better to book my UKCAT after my results and the only days I can do the exam are the 15th and 16th of September which is more or less a month away.
    But having seen my results, I'm not sure what to do now.
    I could pay £65 for the UKCAT and pray my predicted results are good and work my arse off to try and get into medicine at uni or give the UKCAT a miss for a year, work to ace my A2s then take a gap year and then re-apply or instead take up a course like Biomedical Sciences and try to transfer when I'm at uni.
    I'm a little stuck because if I'm going for medicine for next year, I need to do the UKCAT, complete the personal statement and then apply for universities.
    What do you guys reckon is the right call?
    Personally, I'd avoid the biomedical sciences route (it is extremely competitive - more so than the 'normal' route). I'd just focus on scoring at least AAA next year, taking a gap year and applying next year tbh.*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.