Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    I built a gaming PC this year and loaded it with programs ready for uni, but now I'm wondering whether to take it or not.
    I do have a laptop, but it's pathetically underpowered!
    I can insure my computer, but I wanted to know what other people do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm bringing my iMac. Need it for editing & stuff so whatever

ReputationRep:
    I took my gaming rig + a gt omega racing chair to my first year of uni! and I'll be taking them back next term!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Programmer97)
    I took my gaming rig + a gt omega racing chair to my first year of uni! and I'll be taking them back next term!
    Now that's the motivation I needed! Thanks dude!

ReputationRep:
    I built my rig about a month ago, I haven't even considered leaving it behind. I'm thinking of using that as my main PC and then buying a cheap Chromebook for portable needs

ReputationRep:
    Im taking my gaming PC, my speakers, my monitor setup, my macbook, my ergonomic office chair (im not joking but 'gaming chairs' are mostly stupid bs and office chairs are what you want for 8+ hours, STEELCASE LEAAAAP BAAAABY) and my torrents with me to uni.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by InterventionalCT)
    Hey guys!
    I built a gaming PC this year and loaded it with programs ready for uni, but now I'm wondering whether to take it or not.
    I do have a laptop, but it's pathetically underpowered!
    I can insure my computer, but I wanted to know what other people do.
    Hello

Do it! People bring Wii's, PS2's, PS3'S and PS4's, as well as Xbox's and other game consoles - people bring all types of things.

If you've built it and loaded it up with games for university you should definitely take it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking my rig to game and been advised the following:

(Original post by TheCyanNinja)
    I built my rig about a month ago, I haven't even considered leaving it behind. I'm thinking of using that as my main PC and then buying a cheap Chromebook for portable needs
    Chromebook for portability, simple work and using drive

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.