Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I am so incredibly confused at the moment.

I didn't get AAA, I was close to my predicted grades of A*AB but missed this by such a small amount of ums points and ended up with ABC. I feel sick when I look at these results, they make it seem as if I didn't work hard enough, but I spent countless hours in the library and thought I was improving. I just feel they don't reflect 'me', as stupid as that sounds.

I've realised that there is nothing else I want to do but medicine. I know I've posted lots on this forum about my uncertainties, but I am determined to devote my life to medicine.

I can't take a gap year and apply for a different course because my grades are so poor. I have an offer from Leicester for neuroscience but I'm not excited to go :/ I don't feel ready for uni!!

I want to move on, I know I still have postgraduate medicine as an option but whenever I think about medicine I start crying and it's ridiculous.

Lastly, resitting is not something I'd go because I don't know where I went wrong and so I don't think I could improve.

I just hate that I'm in this situation and really wish I didn't have to post here again!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    I am so incredibly confused at the moment.

I didn't get AAA, I was close to my predicted grades of A*AB but missed this by such a small amount of ums points and ended up with ABC. I feel sick when I look at these results, they make it seem as if I didn't work hard enough, but I spent countless hours in the library and thought I was improving. I just feel they don't reflect 'me', as stupid as that sounds.

I've realised that there is nothing else I want to do but medicine. I know I've posted lots on this forum about my uncertainties, but I am determined to devote my life to medicine.

I can't take a gap year and apply for a different course because my grades are so poor. I have an offer from Leicester for neuroscience but I'm not excited to go :/ I don't feel ready for uni!!

I want to move on, I know I still have postgraduate medicine as an option but whenever I think about medicine I start crying and it's ridiculous.

Lastly, resitting is not something I'd go because I don't know where I went wrong and so I don't think I could improve.

I just hate that I'm in this situation and really wish I didn't have to post here again!
    If you are serious about medicine, I will suggest that you take up the offer at Leicester for neuroscience. Then pursue a Graduate Course in Medicine.

It is bad to have missed the grades, but you need to get up and move on. Bashing yourself will do nothing more than harm your self-esteem and progress.

If you feel that resitting is the best option, then go for it, but you don't know the future. So it may not be the A* grade that you want.

My opinion is to take the best opportunity that you have and turn your lemons to lemonade.

Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.