Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i will be recieving £3800 for student finance. what i want to know is why is it low?! my mates are getting 3x more than me and they are no better off than I, my dad is a bus driver and my mother does not work. why am i getting so much less?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avaail)
    i will be recieving £3800 for student finance. what i want to know is why is it low?! my mates are getting 3x more than me and they are no better off than I, my dad is a bus driver and my mother does not work. why am i getting so much less?
    I am from a single parent household and will be receiving £7572. The less your household income is the more you will receive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catholicgirl)
    I am from a single parent household and will be receiving £7572. The less your household income is the more you will receive.
    duude no . lmao. the less my household earns the, the less student finanace i get, is how it works for me, my dad is a bus driver, and the only household income. my friends are in way a better financial position and they are getting more than twice what i will be getting

ReputationRep:
    duude no . lmao. the less my household earns the, the less student finanace i get, is how it works for me, my dad is a bus driver, and the only household income. my friends are in way a better financial position and they are getting more than twice what i will be getting
    The less the household income, the higher the loan you can get, that's the way it works. I can only assume you filled out the application form in wrong, that or you have some unusual circumstances.

It also depends on the location of your university! If you are London for example, you may get double the finance!

ReputationRep:
    That's the minimum Maintenance Loan. Either SF have not*yet completed your income assessment, or you forgot to request income assessment in your application.

If your parents have not yet been contacted to ask for their income, then either of the above could have happened. Phone SF and ask them to check what's going on. They can tell you how to sort it out if there's a problem.

ReputationRep:
    As someone else said it sounds like you haven't been income assessed as that's the minimum student finance gives. You should phone them ASAP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    firstly its not possible your mates are getting 3x more than you, unless they are going to a london uni.
    secondly you must have filled it out wrong and its 100% you or your parent faults, you/your parent told SF your parents joint income would be about £75K to get that amount. If its not then tell them asap and get it fixed, either way its most likely your fault.

ReputationRep:
    what forms do u need to fill in and send in order to get the money through household income

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.