Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you like being tanned? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What do you think looks best?

I think that excessively tanned girls look bad, especially when they grow older. At 35, they look like they're almost 50. Eriksson's Italian wife looks almost scary because of her tan.
    So for me, it would be just a light tan. A light tan is definitely better than looking so pale you're ill but that's it.

ReputationRep:
    yeah I do, but it's kind of tricky as my neck gets burnt by the sun before it even affects my arms.

ReputationRep:
    eriksson's wife has abused something called fake tan and bronzer. it should be a crime

ReputationRep:
    I have a permanent tan, its great. Never comes off, and i never burn either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I have a permanent tan, its great. Never comes off, and i never burn either.
    It it's permanent then maybe it's not a tan, just your natural skin colour?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a normal healthy colour- lightly tanned- but the longer I seem to spend in the UK, the paler I become- I need the sun- no vit d, no tan and no endorphins! bloody weather!

ReputationRep:
    I want a tan, not too keen of those fake tan products though.

ReputationRep:
    i find it amusing that in this country they sell fake tan products. in india they sell a cream called "fair and lovely" designed to make you appear fairer. teehee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    It it's permanent then maybe it's not a tan, just your natural skin colour?
    Ah yes, that would be it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i find it amusing that in this country they sell fake tan products. in india they sell a cream called "fair and lovely" designed to make you appear fairer. teehee
    hehe, my mum's bought that

ReputationRep:
    I burnt when it was overcast twice in the last two weeks!! I do get a nice tan though when everyones gone back to white and my burns worn off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    hehe, my mum's bought that
    my grandma swears by it, even though she's a similar compexion to me. quite pathetic really.

I don't mind really white people actually, if they insist on a tan then a light one will do....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    my grandma swears by it, even though she's a similar compexion to me. quite pathetic really.
    my mum doesn't really use it, but she was told to buy it by her sister, who's really into that sort of thing.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I don't mind really white people actually, if they insist on a tan then a light one will do....
    agreed. light tans can look nice....it's just when they go over the top and their face is all orangey- that's horrible!

ReputationRep:
    combine that with peroxide hair and you have a beautiful scally (not literally- they are never beautiful). delightful.

ReputationRep:
    *doesn't tan*

*is offended by thread* :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    People call me yellow....! I'm kinda in-between being pale and olive....oh, and I also have jaundice....although you can't tell really.

ReputationRep:
    Damn UK weather! Oh well ill just have to wait for holidays to get a tan. Does anyone use sunbeds? What are the risks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    combine that with peroxide hair and you have a beautiful scally (not literally- they are never beautiful). delightful.
    hmmm, hair colour doesn't bother me too much (unless it looks really out of place)....but i know the type you mean...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.