johnosullivan887
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey everyone,
I recently accepted an adjustment offer to study Natural Sciences at UCL but now I realise I have no idea about acccommodation! I'm not from the UK so I am sort of terrified of the prospect of living on the streetsHas anyone any advice as to where I should try or what I should do?

Thanks
John
ElsMoll
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by johnosullivan887)
Hey everyone,
I recently accepted an adjustment offer to study Natural Sciences at UCL but now I realise I have no idea about acccommodation! I'm not from the UK so I am sort of terrified of the prospect of living on the streetsHas anyone any advice as to where I should try or what I should do?

Thanks
John
Some universities provide accomodation in halls for clearing/adjustment students. I would advice you to email or better call the university first!
Secondly, look for aen-suite room, a studio or housemates throught Sturent.com It's a good website.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey everyone,

Thanks
John
Try UCL's accomodation team to see if they can offer you a room in halls. Failing that your options are
1) Private halls- expensive in London but the most straightforward option- no bills to worry about, you know what your getting e.c.t
2) Private housing- try spareroom.co.uk where people advertise spare rooms going in house/flat shares. You will want to do a skype tour so you can see if the place is as the description says. If you don't have a UK based guarentor then you have to pay a cetain amount of rent up front and bills are not usually included. Use googlemaps to find areas near to your uni.
Prodigy Living
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey everyone,

Thanks
John
Another good place to start is the Accommodation For Students website. You can filter by House/Halls/Studios/Flats - and by your budget.

Also, if you're studying at UCL, check out the accommodation page on their website. You can find plenty of recommend private providers (including our own Tufnell House).
Touseef19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Now is your time look for accommodation on student portal services , I've used Pads for Students who helped me find accommodation . Good Luck
Touseef19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Now is your time look for accommodation on student portal services , I've used Pads for Students who helped me get a place .Good Luck
wiktoria3000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello! Sadly I need to resign from one room it's on Setchell Way nearby Bermondsey Station and lots of bus stops around. There are 4 rooms, 2 bathrooms, big kitchen and patio. Girls only. 600 pounds per month plus about 15 pounds per additional bills. Spacious, nice rooms with walked in closet. Rooms is available from now till 31st of August 2017. If youre interested let me know asap!I will send you the picutres! My number is 07904509793
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
31.17%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.34%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.43%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (40)
25.97%

Watched Threads