Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    I recently accepted an adjustment offer to study Natural Sciences at UCL but now I realise I have no idea about acccommodation! I'm not from the UK so I am sort of terrified of the prospect of living on the streetsHas anyone any advice as to where I should try or what I should do?

Thanks
    John

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnosullivan887)
    Hey everyone,
    I recently accepted an adjustment offer to study Natural Sciences at UCL but now I realise I have no idea about acccommodation! I'm not from the UK so I am sort of terrified of the prospect of living on the streetsHas anyone any advice as to where I should try or what I should do?

Thanks
    John
    Some universities provide accomodation in halls for clearing/adjustment students. I would advice you to email or better call the university first!
    Secondly, look for aen-suite room, a studio or housemates throught Sturent.com It's a good website.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

Thanks
    John
    Try UCL's accomodation team to see if they can offer you a room in halls. Failing that your options are
    1) Private halls- expensive in London but the most straightforward option- no bills to worry about, you know what your getting e.c.t
    2) Private housing- try spareroom.co.uk where people advertise spare rooms going in house/flat shares. You will want to do a skype tour so you can see if the place is as the description says. If you don't have a UK based guarentor then you have to pay a cetain amount of rent up front and bills are not usually included. Use googlemaps to find areas near to your uni.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hey everyone,

Thanks
    John
    Another good place to start is the Accommodation For Students website. You can filter by House/Halls/Studios/Flats - and by your budget.

Also, if you're studying at UCL, check out the accommodation page on their website. You can find plenty of recommend private providers (including our own Tufnell House).

ReputationRep:
    Now is your time look for accommodation on student portal services , I've used Pads for Students who helped me find accommodation . Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Now is your time look for accommodation on student portal services , I've used Pads for Students who helped me get a place .Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Sadly I need to resign from one room it's on Setchell Way nearby Bermondsey Station and lots of bus stops around. There are 4 rooms, 2 bathrooms, big kitchen and patio. Girls only. 600 pounds per month plus about 15 pounds per additional bills. Spacious, nice rooms with walked in closet. Rooms is available from now till 31st of August 2017. If youre interested let me know asap!I will send you the picutres! My number is 07904509793

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.