Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically my friends have all been going out without me and I am starting to feel really left out and lonely. It all started when they hit 18 in around April. A and B's birthdays are 2 days apart so when they went out for the first time it was together and they've been going out ever since. This I'm fine with. I don't mind them going out without me at times, especially then since I wasn't 18(being the baby of the group) so literally couldn't go out with them. However my 18th has been and gone (over a month ago now) and still nothing. I have text them and each time they bring up going out saying they'll see when they have time off etc.. and it should be soon but like I said, it hasn't happened yet. Again I would be fine with this except I know they still go out together as I see pictures on Instagram and they always tweet about 'how good last night was!' This is what hurts as it seems they aren't even considering me. I know they've invited others but not me who they've known for 2 (B)-7 (A) years. It's also got to the point that if we text, I'm always starting the conversation. I want to confront them but I'm not sure how. We're on the holidays now (my birthday was after we finished college) so I cant pull them aside at break, therefore any conversation is bound to be over text since the problem is not meeting up at all. What shall I say/do? I want them to know how pissed I am and how I'm not going to stand being treated as an afterthought. I mean those 7 years of friendship mean something to me, however it doesn't seen to mean much to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PearlGirl26)
    Basically my friends have all been going out without me and I am starting to feel really left out and lonely. It all started when they hit 18 in around April. A and B's birthdays are 2 days apart so when they went out for the first time it was together and they've been going out ever since. This I'm fine with. I don't mind them going out without me at times, especially then since I wasn't 18(being the baby of the group) so literally couldn't go out with them. However my 18th has been and gone (over a month ago now) and still nothing. I have text them and each time they bring up going out saying they'll see when they have time off etc.. and it should be soon but like I said, it hasn't happened yet. Again I would be fine with this except I know they still go out together as I see pictures on Instagram and they always tweet about 'how good last night was!' This is what hurts as it seems they aren't even considering me. I know they've invited others but not me who they've known for 2 (B)-7 (A) years. It's also got to the point that if we text, I'm always starting the conversation. I want to confront them but I'm not sure how. We're on the holidays now (my birthday was after we finished college) so I cant pull them aside at break, therefore any conversation is bound to be over text since the problem is not meeting up at all. What shall I say/do? I want them to know how pissed I am and how I'm not going to stand being treated as an afterthought. I mean those 7 years of friendship mean something to me, however it doesn't seen to mean much to them.
    Drop them like an egg.

ReputationRep:
    I'd message both of them separately and ask them to be upfront with what's going on ask them to not beat around the bush, if its rubbish that they're saying then I'd just move on and forget about them both. Although it may hurt you will make new friends so dw. If it was your bday recently I'm assuming you are going to uni in september, if you are then you will definitely make new friends and won't need to worry about them however if you aren't not to worry it's only two people you've dropped.

ReputationRep:
    You need to cut those people loose and stop listening to their ****. They obviously aren't very good friends and don't respect you enough to be honest with you about why they don't invite you on their outings. Stop contacting them, especially as you're always initiating the conversation. You don't need shallow self-centred people like that in your life - move on and meet new people who will actually treat you properly like good friends are supposed to. It doesn't matter how long you've known them - sometimes you need to be a bit emotionally detached towards people and just not give a **** as it protects your own feelings. You deserve to make better friends than these idiots.

ReputationRep:
    OP my friends did that as well, started leaving me out for no reason what so ever, what I did was ignore them back, not give them the time of day. sometimes i would see them around town etc and ignore them. they are ZERO to me now. I am at uni now and have found better, nicer friends. Have you finished college? if you are not going back to college i would make a Facebook chat group with all of them in it and write exactly what you think of what they have been doing and how its made you feel. make them feel really guilty
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    They are not your friends people who do this, they are not worth the time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.