The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by atarassia
I think they're going to wait for the LNAT results!

Oh yes lmao how could I forget, applications are making me crazy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by iman305
Oh yes lmao how could I forget, applications are making me crazy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry I can totally understand you:frown:

Original post by jamestg
Yep, took 3 days though ahaha!

Original post by dorababy1995
I got one the day after I applied.

Should I get worried? I sent it on Saturday!
(edited 7 years ago)
Any point applying to Durham for history with AABB AS levels, AAA A2 predictions, 2A*s 6As 2Bs and 1 C at GCSE?
Already got offers from Warwick and York so that has got my hopes up and I was wondering if I should substitute Bristol for Durham.
Thank you

Nope! It might be subject dependent!
Did anyone get any offers for History from Durham yet?

I sent my application on the 14th, and I haven't even got an acknowledgement yet.

Glad someone is in the same boat as me! How are your apps going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by evar12345
Did anyone get any offers for History from Durham yet?

I sent my application on the 14th, and I haven't even got an acknowledgement yet.

I'm still waiting...I applied not he 3rd and got acknowledged on the 11th
Original post by iman305
Glad someone is in the same boat as me! How are your apps going?

I don't know, I haven't heard from anyone yet! (except for the acknowledgment emails) I'm still kind of overwhelmed by all the application process, the idea that I might have to wait until late march is killing meeee
What about you?
Just found this thread! Hi everyone my names Julia and I'm applying to Durham as an international for PPE.

Predicted (converting to a2 grades): A*AB for englit, physics, economics respectively
I'm peeved about my Econ grade (should have tried harder) but I'm set on pestering my teacher for an A, hope it works!

Preferred college: Chad (because of its libraries and choir) but it seems quite popular, or castle

Also applying to: Edinburgh, York, royal holloway and UEA (subjected to change)

Best of luck everyone! 💛💙💜💚❤️💗

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sent off my UCAS on 3rd October.
I'm applying for law with
AS: AAAD (the D was in chemistry and I hated it) .
Predicted grades: A*A*A*

I completed my LNAT about 2 weeks ago so my score should be getting sent off today. However I remember reading that Durham wait for ALL the applications to come in before they start handing out offers, so I suppose we'll all be finding out sometime next year if we got in or not.

I applied to Josephine Butler college, purely because it was one of the only colleges that was fully self catered.
Original post by mehokay
I sent off my UCAS on 3rd October.
I'm applying for law with
AS: AAAD (the D was in chemistry and I hated it) .
Predicted grades: A*A*A*

I completed my LNAT about 2 weeks ago so my score should be getting sent off today. However I remember reading that Durham wait for ALL the applications to come in before they start handing out offers, so I suppose we'll all be finding out sometime next year if we got in or not.

I applied to Josephine Butler college, purely because it was one of the only colleges that was fully self catered.

I applied to Josephine Butler too! Is durham your first choice :smile:? I have read a lot of durham threads, outside of TSR too, and not many people have been choosing Butler for some reason, I am quite pleased with that cause that means more spaces xD
Original post by prostheticzeta
I applied to Josephine Butler too! Is durham your first choice :smile:? I have read a lot of durham threads, outside of TSR too, and not many people have been choosing Butler for some reason, I am quite pleased with that cause that means more spaces xD

Cambridge is my first choice but I do reaaaaally love Durham. I went there for an open day in July and it's just got such a great atmosphere.

Yeah, I've noticed that Josephine Butler isn't that much of a popular choice. But I know people love Castle because it looks fancy, that's not really my thing though

What course are you applying for?
Original post by mehokay
Cambridge is my first choice but I do reaaaaally love Durham. I went there for an open day in July and it's just got such a great atmosphere.

Yeah, I've noticed that Josephine Butler isn't that much of a popular choice. But I know people love Castle because it looks fancy, that's not really my thing though

What course are you applying for?

Oooo, nice! Which college have you applied for at Cambs? And I have never been to their openday, went for a visit with fam, got to see the outside of most faculties, but haven't had the chance to explore in much detail :frown: However, I did love it there too :smile:

and same!! I can just imagine, all the pretentious people getting into Castle and all these other posh colleges xD plus, I would rather cook for my self, cause I'm very fussy with food !
I'm applying for Business management with a year in industry :biggrin:
Oooo, nice! Which college have you applied for at Cambs? And I have never been to their openday, went for a visit with fam, got to see the outside of most faculties, but haven't had the chance to explore in much detail :frown: However, I did love it there too :smile:

and same!! I can just imagine, all the pretentious people getting into Castle and all these other posh colleges xD plus, I would rather cook for my self, cause I'm very fussy with food !
I'm applying for Business management with a year in industry :biggrin:

Definitely with you, I would rather make my own food, plus it's a lot cheaper.

I applied to Newnham, it's an all girls college but all the rooms are single which is nice and I wasn't really up for the idea of sharing a room in first year. Also it's mega close to the law faculty building where the law library and lecture rooms are, so that will give me a extra few minutes to sleep 😋

What other universities did you apply to?
Original post by mehokay
Definitely with you, I would rather make my own food, plus it's a lot cheaper.

I applied to Newnham, it's an all girls college but all the rooms are single which is nice and I wasn't really up for the idea of sharing a room in first year. Also it's mega close to the law faculty building where the law library and lecture rooms are, so that will give me a extra few minutes to sleep 😋

What other universities did you apply to?

oooo! I've been at that college once, together with Robinsons (which was very ugly imo :P) but Newnham was very pretty indeed! We had an entire history lecture about it xD ! Especially how it was built slightly away from everybody else so that the male students won't melt over the sight of a woman xD and yeah, I don't think that I'd be able to share a room with some one.. I'm a single child so am not used to such company :P I really do hope that you get into Cambridge :biggrin:
I have applied to Birmingham, Sheffield, Aston and Coventry :biggrin:, what about you?
oooo! I've been at that college once, together with Robinsons (which was very ugly imo :P) but Newnham was very pretty indeed! We had an entire history lecture about it xD ! Especially how it was built slightly away from everybody else so that the male students won't melt over the sight of a woman xD and yeah, I don't think that I'd be able to share a room with some one.. I'm a single child so am not used to such company :P I really do hope that you get into Cambridge :biggrin:
I have applied to Birmingham, Sheffield, Aston and Coventry :biggrin:, what about you?

Thank you! I hope you get into Durham. If I don't get into Cambridge, we may see each other at Josephine Butler.

I'm an only child too! I'm so used to my own company and having my own space, I don't think I could give it all up so abruptly.

I applied to: Cambridge, Bristol, Warwick and Queen Mary's in London

I got an offer from Queen Mary's last week for A*AA, which I was pretty happy about. I guess that means my application wasn't that bad.
Reply 156
English Lit
6A*'s 2A's and 3 B's GCSE
AAAA AS
Predicted A2: 3A*'s
College: St Chads

Just wondering if anyone has got an offer for English Lit yet?
Original post by JAJM
English Lit
6A*'s 2A's and 3 B's GCSE
AAAA AS
Predicted A2: 3A*'s
College: St Chads

Just wondering if anyone has got an offer for English Lit yet?

Woooooow! Same college :wink:

No, but I did get an acknowledgement the day after I applied.
Subject: Mathematics (MMath)
AS Grades: AAAAA (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Electronics)
A2 Predicted: A*A*A*A*A* (Maths, Further Maths, Additional Further Maths, Physics and Electronics)
College: St Mary's
(edited 7 years ago)
Subject: Chemistry (Industrial)
AS Grades: A (maths, rest are all linear)
A Level Predicted: A*A*AA (Chemistry, Maths, Biology + English Literature) +A* in EPQ
College: St Cuthberts

Anyone applied for the same course/college? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending