Durham University
Durham
Visit website
i missed my offer but still got in :adore:
Original post by KloppOClock
i missed my offer but still got in :adore:

congrats!! :biggrin:
Good luck today everyone
I missed my offer too and didn't get in. AAA offer and I got AAB, phoned them and they said the course was full unless my remark turns up positive. I hope!
I missed my offer (ABB instead of AAB)and got in for business! can't wait to see you all in a month's time :smile:
Original post by RotomGuy
I missed my offer too and didn't get in. AAA offer and I got AAB, phoned them and they said the course was full unless my remark turns up positive. I hope!

This happened to me last year - they may not reserve your place but if your remarks go up you'll get a deferred entry and be put on a waiting list for this year (however most people I know who went on the waiting list then got in that year) so good luck, I hope all goes well! :biggrin:
I didn't get in :/ Shoud I still (they've changed my UCAS status) call them and ask if they could give a deferral for next year/conditional offer if I get my grades up to the requested level? (I'm a EU student)
Original post by futuregeographer
I didn't get in :/ Shoud I still (they've changed my UCAS status) call them and ask if they could give a deferral for next year/conditional offer if I get my grades up to the requested level? (I'm a EU student)

Worth trying to call worst case it is a no
Original post by prostheticzeta
******** bricks rn

Original post by EricAteYou
You and me both :bricks:

How did you do? :smile:
slightly late to the party but is there a group for people going to durham on facebook or anything?
Original post by alevelpain
slightly late to the party but is there a group for people going to durham on facebook or anything?

The official page is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/110216382850007/permalink/127771747761137/?notif_t=group_description_change&notif_id=1502276491315956
Original post by LPauling
How did you do? :smile:

I got in!!!!!! in JB to study business :biggrin:
Got in for Chemistry, quite shocked as some of my exams were dreadful (And they were, U in mechanics, d in a couple of units), but I still managed to pull it off...

I got
A* Mathematics
A Further Maths
A Chemistry
C Physics
I got in for Law, at JB:h:
Rejected. One mark under the a star boundary in two separate subjects, achieved AAA, wouldn't even hold my place for a remark
When do the phone lines stay open until? I'm approaching the 2 hour mark on waiting...:grumble:

The original landline handset I was on ran out of battery because I was on hold for an hour and a half.
Hi, can someone add me to the durham theology group chat on facebook please if it exists?
Original post by futuregeographer

There's nothing to lose in asking, as long as your happy to wait a year. Just keep them informed. Best of luck with everything.:smile:
Original post by ineedA
Rejected. One mark under the a star boundary in two separate subjects, achieved AAA, wouldn't even hold my place for a remark

That sucks, that's wrong. This is why a levels are so frustrating- let's be honest, how can anyone who got one more mark than you in the respective subjects and came out with an a* claim to be a better student. Best of luck, wherever you end up.

Quick Reply

Latest