Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Missed offer by 1 grade for EEE at sheffield University but got an A for my EPQ.Lucas Track has not been updated. Just fed up now. How much longer will I have to wait?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyCheltenham)
    Missed offer by 1 grade for EEE at sheffield University but got an A for my EPQ.Lucas Track has not been updated. Just fed up now. How much longer will I have to wait?
    Best idea would be to call the uni in question and ask them whats going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitzeno)
    Best idea would be to call the uni in question and ask them whats going on.
    This ^

My offer was confirmed yesterday morning, make sure to talk to them asap

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Vitzeno;67070894]Best idea would be to call the uni in question and ask them whats going on.[/QUOTE

I have been calling continuously for 2 days now. They said it might be Monday before I find out & if I am not offered a place I want to go to clearing for York which is accepting 3Bs. According to UCAS I can't go to clearing as I have not been unsuccessful yet. I'm just in Limbo Land. School at telling me it's Edexcel's fault. Yesterday I sent a hard copy of my results to Sheffield, as requested by them & so did my school & I was told that Track would be updated by 6pm yesterday. Still no news. Have been told that they are spending Friday & the weekend updating Track. I just want to know if I have a place one way or the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    This ^

My offer was confirmed yesterday morning, make sure to talk to them asap
    What grades did you get & did you do Edexcel Maths?

ReputationRep:
    What grades did you get & did you do Edexcel Maths?
    I did not, applied to Psych, but I got AAAC Try not to worry, just make sure you speak to someone.

ReputationRep:
    I did not, applied to Psych, but I got AAAC Try not to worry, just make sure you speak to someone.
    Thanks-I'm just worried if I don't get a place at Sheffield, all of the places at York will be gone before I got to clearing, as my insurance choice was Hull, but I don't want to go there. Have made at least 10 calls to Sheffield & UCAS in the last 2 days & still no further forward. I don't understand why they can't just tell me over the phone, as they gave confimatiom of all my results. It's very frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks-I'm just worried if I don't get a place at Sheffield, all of the places at York will be gone before I got to clearing, as my insurance choice was Hull, but I don't want to go there. Have made at least 10 calls to Sheffield & UCAS in the last 2 days & still no further forward. I don't understand why they can't just tell me over the phone, as they gave confimatiom of all my results. It's very frustrating.
    If they haven't down right rejected you then there's still hope I'm sure! Ask for help on the Sheffield University thread on TSR perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone out there with an Unconditional Electronic & Electrical Engineering with a year in industry offer at all?

ReputationRep:
    If they haven't down right rejected you then there's still hope I'm sure! Ask for help on the Sheffield University thread on TSR perhaps?
    Thank you- I will try again tomorrow. Thought I'd have an offer at 8am yesterday, lol

ReputationRep:
    Got my unconditional offer for Sheffield today, so just waiting to hear is I have my first choice of accommodation. All good now. Thanks for your support.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.