The Student Room Group

A Level Crisis - - Appeal/ remark/ review grades?!?!?

I missed my grades for Cambridge - the requirements were A*AA but I got AAB :frown:(

My results really don't reflect the work that I put in.

I have requested remarks but it's unlikely they will change as much as I need them to.

I am adamant that at least two of the papers should be A LOT higher.

So what other options do I have if these remarks don't go up to what I need them to be (and what I am sureeeee they should be at least close to)?
Original post by family'sfailure
I missed my grades for Cambridge - the requirements were A*AA but I got AAB :frown:(

My results really don't reflect the work that I put in.

I have requested remarks but it's unlikely they will change as much as I need them to.

I am adamant that at least two of the papers should be A LOT higher.

So what other options do I have if these remarks don't go up to what I need them to be (and what I am sureeeee they should be at least close to)?

I'd get them re-marked, and if it doesn't go up, consider taking a gap year and re-applying? My friend did this for Chemistry at Oxford, and she got in a second time in a row, with her better grades (in my day the requirements were AAA).

See the paragraph on retakes : http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/entrance-requirements/gcse-and-a-level-requirements-facts
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest