The Student Room Group

A levels

Hi I have worked so so hard these past two years but was disappointed with my grades. I have found it very exhausting doing my a levels and I was hoping to get on with my life. Now I am considering re-sitting but the thought of going straight back t college makes me upset. I was wondering what people think about me taking a gap year to clear my mind. I am also looking at veterinary nursing and I want to do some experience in the gap year to see if its for me. If it is for me than I may not resit my a levels the following year.
I appreciate any advice given
Thanks
Emma :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by chankybo
Hi I have worked so so hard these past two years but was disappointed with my grades. I have found it very exhausting doing my a levels and I was hoping to get on with my life. Now I am considering re-sitting but the thought of going straight back t college makes me upset. I was wondering what people think about me taking a gap year to clear my mind. I am also looking at veterinary nursing and I want to do some experience in the gap year to see if its for me. If it is for me than I may not resit my a levels the following year.
I appreciate any advice given
Thanks
Emma :smile:

Hi Emma,

Sorry your grades weren't what you were expecting. You can always take a year out like you say and get some vet nursing experience to see if it's right for you. At the same time you can also enrol to retake some of your modules to bump up your grades - I think you will be able to manage both in a gap year... :smile: after all you've studied the syllabus before you will just need some time to refreshen up your knowledge, that way it also avoids having to go back to college :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest