Bam ... A2. What are you going to do differently?

Watch
alanaro
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
GCSEs, AS levels and now finally A2. How is everybody going to approach this year - same as before or a drastic shape up of your routine?
Asolare
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
revising from my first day back, and ive already started making notes on a2 topics

im annoyed with my philosophy as grade so i am determined to push it up at A2.
secretagent98
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is the question I want to know too! How do we tackle the supposedly challenging and dreaded A2 year?!?!
SamLuxa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Using revision skills I learnt from AS for a large amount of work last year did a lot of hard work that wasn't really that beneficial
Loopy91
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not going to leave everything to the last minute, cos that was stresss.
Surprisingly I managed to pull it off in 3 of my subjects (AAB), unfortunately it didn't work for my 4th which I got an E in, so I'm not gonna take that risk next year.
smartguy32
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Im going to recap over AS stuff and then as soon as year 13 starts revising 3-4 hours per subject per week not including homework and practical work. But the problem is i need to chose between physics and Philosophy & Ethics before my interview?
mrolegkorol
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ill just use the techniques learned this year and implement them from the get go.. I need to make a solid plan for the year too (and sort my routines out in places).
Pinkberry_y
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by secretagent98)
This is the question I want to know too! How do we tackle the supposedly challenging and dreaded A2 year?!?!
(Original post by alanaro)
GCSEs, AS levels and now finally A2. How is everybody going to approach this year - same as before or a drastic shape up of your routine?
Little and often revision everyday, keep on top of the workload and you'll be fine
alanaro
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by mrolegkorol)
Ill just use the techniques learned this year and implement them from the get go.. I need to make a solid plan for the year too (and sort my routines out in places).
Efficient
eRric_O
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
absolutely gutted with my AS DT grade so I am going to start the year on an absolute high and begin work from day 1 by managing my time brilliantly
secretagent98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by eRric_O)
absolutely gutted with my AS DT grade so I am going to start the year on an absolute high and begin work from day 1 by managing my time brilliantly
I really struggle managing my time! I've tried revision time tables, staying in school for an extra couple of hours but seem to lose concentration :/ Seriously don't know how im gonna do next year as well!
eRric_O
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by secretagent98)
I really struggle managing my time! I've tried revision time tables, staying in school for an extra couple of hours but seem to lose concentration :/ Seriously don't know how im gonna do next year as well!
You certainly don't need revision timetables as its a matter of real discipline
Otaku98
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Having achieved AABB for my AS, I now need to decide which B should go for A2. English Lit is most likely to go, as I enjoy maths more. But maths was already a struggle at AS for me, as I stayed back late most nights and done a ridiculous amount of past papers. Next year - should I keep maths - I will relentlessly revise and practise from September! Also I need to be more efficient in terms of how I study; I need to see more for the time and effort put in. Other than that, I'll do more of the same for Politics and Philosophy as the A grades show that what I'm currently doing is working
Hildi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For any linear subjects that I take to A2: Make up questions and practice with sample papers (I wish there were more of them...) to get better at exam technique. Get teachers to mark me as harshly as possible, seeing as me and most of my friends' final grades were below the grades in our mocks and the grades that our teachers had given us all year. Drop some of the extracurriculars and revise from day 1 (though I pretty much did that for AS).

That being said, my revision was too inconsistent - it partly wasn't my fault, but I should have anticipated and prepared better for things that occurred in the year and stopped me revising. So I'll do that next year for things that I'm guessing will come up. And I've found a good revision timetable website this year, so I'll make a revision timetable that I can stick to. I'm also using what's left of the summer to read around/revise in advance for the one subject I'll definitely take to A2.

... Still not bitter or anything
secretagent98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm starting on my notes next week, but 2/3 of my A2 subjects are linear so a new specification and I do rely heavily on the student room and get revising for revision notes and think that this was a major downfall in preparing for my AS as they weren't as many notes accommodating to the aqa English language and psychology spec. I know I shouldn't rely on the internet for my revision but it's what helped me get my good GCSE grades :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (700)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (881)
42.66%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.46%

Watched Threads