Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs, AS levels and now finally A2. How is everybody going to approach this year - same as before or a drastic shape up of your routine?

ReputationRep:
    revising from my first day back, and ive already started making notes on a2 topics

im annoyed with my philosophy as grade so i am determined to push it up at A2.

ReputationRep:
    This is the question I want to know too! How do we tackle the supposedly challenging and dreaded A2 year?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Using revision skills I learnt from AS for a large amount of work last year did a lot of hard work that wasn't really that beneficial

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to leave everything to the last minute, cos that was stresss.
    Surprisingly I managed to pull it off in 3 of my subjects (AAB), unfortunately it didn't work for my 4th which I got an E in, so I'm not gonna take that risk next year.

ReputationRep:
    Im going to recap over AS stuff and then as soon as year 13 starts revising 3-4 hours per subject per week not including homework and practical work. But the problem is i need to chose between physics and Philosophy & Ethics before my interview?

ReputationRep:
    Ill just use the techniques learned this year and implement them from the get go.. I need to make a solid plan for the year too (and sort my routines out in places).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretagent98)
    This is the question I want to know too! How do we tackle the supposedly challenging and dreaded A2 year?!?!
    (Original post by alanaro)
    GCSEs, AS levels and now finally A2. How is everybody going to approach this year - same as before or a drastic shape up of your routine?
    Little and often revision everyday, keep on top of the workload and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrolegkorol)
    Ill just use the techniques learned this year and implement them from the get go.. I need to make a solid plan for the year too (and sort my routines out in places).
    Efficient

ReputationRep:
    absolutely gutted with my AS DT grade so I am going to start the year on an absolute high and begin work from day 1 by managing my time brilliantly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eRric_O)
    absolutely gutted with my AS DT grade so I am going to start the year on an absolute high and begin work from day 1 by managing my time brilliantly
    I really struggle managing my time! I've tried revision time tables, staying in school for an extra couple of hours but seem to lose concentration :/ Seriously don't know how im gonna do next year as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretagent98)
    I really struggle managing my time! I've tried revision time tables, staying in school for an extra couple of hours but seem to lose concentration :/ Seriously don't know how im gonna do next year as well!
    You certainly don't need revision timetables as its a matter of real discipline

ReputationRep:
    Having achieved AABB for my AS, I now need to decide which B should go for A2. English Lit is most likely to go, as I enjoy maths more. But maths was already a struggle at AS for me, as I stayed back late most nights and done a ridiculous amount of past papers. Next year - should I keep maths - I will relentlessly revise and practise from September! Also I need to be more efficient in terms of how I study; I need to see more for the time and effort put in. Other than that, I'll do more of the same for Politics and Philosophy as the A grades show that what I'm currently doing is working

ReputationRep:
    For any linear subjects that I take to A2: Make up questions and practice with sample papers (I wish there were more of them...) to get better at exam technique. Get teachers to mark me as harshly as possible, seeing as me and most of my friends' final grades were below the grades in our mocks and the grades that our teachers had given us all year. Drop some of the extracurriculars and revise from day 1 (though I pretty much did that for AS).

That being said, my revision was too inconsistent - it partly wasn't my fault, but I should have anticipated and prepared better for things that occurred in the year and stopped me revising. So I'll do that next year for things that I'm guessing will come up. And I've found a good revision timetable website this year, so I'll make a revision timetable that I can stick to. I'm also using what's left of the summer to read around/revise in advance for the one subject I'll definitely take to A2.

... Still not bitter or anything

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting on my notes next week, but 2/3 of my A2 subjects are linear so a new specification and I do rely heavily on the student room and get revising for revision notes and think that this was a major downfall in preparing for my AS as they weren't as many notes accommodating to the aqa English language and psychology spec. I know I shouldn't rely on the internet for my revision but it's what helped me get my good GCSE grades :/

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.