Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Yeh, you're right about it toning the body.
    I remember when I had to do intensive body building when I used to row competitively. You'd have these idiots doing exercises willy nilly and you can see how they're damaging their spine, their neck. A lot don't even stretch properly after. I had a trainer who was so strict on stretching. I'm glad I listened to him. I wouldn't want to look like the hunchback of Notredame
    You can see hunchbacks evolving these curious bodyshapes at Cam. They start off as regular looking freshers, start rowing and come out with a degree and a hunchback!

(Original post by Shiny)
    You can see hunchbacks evolving these curious bodyshapes at Cam. They start off as regular looking freshers, start rowing and come out with a degree and a hunchback!
    Don't let Baz see you saying that.

Liking your new avatar, btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Don't let Baz see you saying that.
    Well you won't get any "hunchbacks" or "monkey shoulders" as long as you stretch properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    rowing is ok. I've been rowing since I was 15. But too much weight training without a proper training program is dangerous. I think it's something to do with shortening your muscles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    LOL!....
    I remember there was a girl in our lower grade....she was soooooo flexible...I mean she was like a rag doll and could turn her back and neck and legs in any direction!...it was scary!!!!:shocked:
    me, I can't even sit on my knees for too long without getting them cramped and stiff!
    It must be your boyfriend who's disappointed about your lack of flexibility..

ReputationRep:
    LOL! Oh, that's bad, that's bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    'intensive' bodybuilding, lol

Why do you need to stretch for bodybuilding?
    It's a personal choice. What happens when you don't stretch, is that you're shortening your muscles. At least that's what my trainer told me. It's a personal choice. But if you get back problems at 40, you'll probably know why. Weight training creates huge tensions that you should relieve through stretching.

As I already have back problems, I'm pretty careful with all this stuff.

Thanks for taking the piss about my intensive bodybuilding. When you've been twice to the national rowing championships, you have to.

ReputationRep:
    VERY FUNNY!!!!!!!...
    No comment on that.........

ReputationRep:
    A nice little trick:

1. Extend your arm out in front of you (palms and elbows facing outwards)
    2. One hand over the other - interlink your hands
    3. Push your hands down, your elbows out, and rotate 180 degrees (keep your hands interlocked)
    4. In the final position, your arms are still extended, hand are still interlocked, but your elbows should point roughly downwards.

If you are under 21-ish you should be able to do that with no problems. Now ask your mums and dads to try it

P.S. If you can't do it, don't force it! :eek: Don't try it if you have any joint or any other problems with your arms that limit mobility or flexibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    LOL! Oh, that's bad, that's bad!
    Yeah it is !...no worries though --->theres a lot no one knows abt me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    A nice little trick:

1. Extend your arm out in front of you (palms and elbows facing outwards)
    2. One hand over the other - interlink your hands
    3. Push your hands down, your elbows out, and rotate 180 degrees (keep your hands interlocked)
    4. In the final position, your arms are still extended, hand are still interlocked, but your elbows should point roughly downwards.

If you are under 21-ish you should be able to do that with no problems. Now ask your mums and dads to try it

P.S. If you can't do it, don't force it! :eek: Don't try it if you have any joint or any other problems with your arms that limit mobility or flexibility.
    Yup...can do it...
    Does that mean I am not that bad?

Who else here can put their feet behind their head? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    nopes sorry!!!
    I think I just heard my knee click when I tried to do that!:shocked:

ReputationRep:
    I can. After I've cut them from my legs.

ReputationRep:
    Yup...can do it ...
    Does that mean I am not that bad?
    Is there someone old around? Get them to try it!

Preferably someone not to sporty!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is !...no worries though --->theres a lot no one knows abt me!
    yeah I don't know much about you! I might have offended you badly with my last comment... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pzyko)
    LOL!!!....good idea

ReputationRep:
    I actually can get one foot at a time pretty much right up behind my head (although I'm sure I look a little scary when doing so) Purely from years of doing yoga though, if I stop yoga for a while my flexibility decreases.

(Original post by Pzyko)
    Hmmm, i'll class that as cheating, sorry.

nopes sorry!!!
    I think I just heard my knee click when I tried to do that!
    Hmmm, i'm no doctor but i think that's bad, i wouldn't try it again.

ReputationRep:
    yeah I don't know much about you! I might have offended you badly with my last comment... :eek:
    Naahhhh...no worries...I don't get offended easily...
    cheers

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.