Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by slowjamz)
    I actually can get one foot at a time pretty much right up behind my head (although I'm sure I look a little scary when doing so) Purely from years of doing yoga though, if I stop yoga for a while my flexibility decreases.
    Can you touch the back of your neck with your foot though? I used to be able to cross my legs over behind my head but since i dislodged my left pelvis i haven't been able to do as much with my left leg. I can still do it with my right foot though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Is there someone old around? Get them to try it!

Preferably someone not to sporty!
    Nopes...I am the oldest person here at the moment...
    but will keep it in mind for my mum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    Nopes...I am the oldest person here at the moment...
    but will keep it in mind for my mum
    no, I probably am...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    no, I probably am...
    Probably. Older than me

ReputationRep:
    how old are you all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dudes do media)
    how old are you all?
    22, and yes, still a student

ReputationRep:
    how old are you all?
    18...to start univ in Jan....

ReputationRep:
    22, and yes, still a student
    Whats wrong with being a student at this age?!!!
    I plan on studying till I am 30!!....

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong with being a student at this age?!!!
    I plan on studying till I am 30!!....
    23 or 24 will be enough for me.

how old are you all?
    I'm ickle, recently turned 16.

ReputationRep:
    It's a personal choice. What happens when you don't stretch, is that you're shortening your muscles. At least that's what my trainer told me. It's a personal choice. But if you get back problems at 40, you'll probably know why. Weight training creates huge tensions that you should relieve through stretching.

As I already have back problems, I'm pretty careful with all this stuff.

Thanks for taking the piss about my intensive bodybuilding. When you've been twice to the national rowing championships, you have to.
    Ill take your word about the stretching thing, and whats stretching my arms/legs/another bodypart gotta do with my back?

And the reason I laughed at 'intensive' is because you were doing bodybuilding...were you expecting it to be a walk in the park?

ReputationRep:
    And I can cross both legs behind me head as well...despite never doing yoga

:rolleyes:

(Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    Awww drat, i thought i was unique.

ReputationRep:

:rolleyes:
    WOW!!!!...now thats flexible....are u sure u have bones?

ReputationRep:
    WOW!!!!...now thats flexible....are u sure u have bones?
    Yeah...big ones as well :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Ill take your word about the stretching thing, and whats stretching my arms/legs/another bodypart gotta do with my back?

And the reason I laughed at 'intensive' is because you were doing bodybuilding...were you expecting it to be a walk in the park?
    um sorry mr beefcake. I'm no stranger to weight training since I started 7 years ago. If you must know, I did find it very hard to start with. On quite a few occasions, I threw up at the end of a session.

I don't know much about the benefits of stretching apart the fact that in sports, it's quite useful to keep your muscles flexibility. After a session, your muscles have become shorter from contraction. Stretching, keeps their flexibility and takes away the tensions.
    I'm sure I explained that like **** but there must be people who know more than me.

ReputationRep:
    Fat spot burning doesnt exist, sorry. Where your body chooses its fat from, to be used as fuel, is genetic and you have no control over it..
    Absulutely, although Rosemary Conley (or whatever her name is) has been managing to convince people that it's possible for decades (and making a sh*tload of money out of gullible consumers in the process).

ReputationRep:
    Im losing weight fast by running on a tread-Mill and stair master, for 2 hours a day on 4 intervals it cool and not too hard, lsn to music too, helps you

hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    Im losing weight fast by running on a tread-Mill and stair master, for 2 hours a day on 4 intervals it cool and not too hard, lsn to music too, helps you

hope this helps.
    thanx..cheers

ReputationRep:
    free gym workout-
    run/walk up and down every flight of steps in every shop in the city centre. free step-aerobics. don't forget to warm up first and warm down after.

worked for me.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.