The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

SamTheMan
um sorry mr beefcake. I'm no stranger to weight training since I started 7 years ago. If you must know, I did find it very hard to start with. On quite a few occasions, I threw up at the end of a session.

I don't know much about the benefits of stretching apart the fact that in sports, it's quite useful to keep your muscles flexibility. After a session, your muscles have become shorter from contraction. Stretching, keeps their flexibility and takes away the tensions.
I'm sure I explained that like shit but there must be people who know more than me.

Is there some sort of problem? I was only joking..

Anyway, I probably know more than you, and Ive never heard of this stretching stuff before, so go figure. :smile:
Reply 81
Rose in Bloom
Since exams are over and I am free...I want to make myself more fit!...but I haven't exercised in ages....I am the most unfit person in the world...
So, how should I start?...I want something regular that won't be too aggressive but will also start putting me into shape....
(I am a pretty skinny person anyway...I am just very unfit!)..
any advice?....

if you want to start slow you can do fitness training. start by walking first and after a couple of days running/jogging. you can for example at first walk 5 min then run 5 then walk 5.....and after a while (couple of days) change to 10min, 15 etc.

once you have started say after a couple of weeks you can mix it with other things, like lifting weights or something.
Rose in Bloom
So, how should I start?

1) Get off arse
2) Exercise
Rose in Bloom
Since exams are over and I am free...I want to make myself more fit!...but I haven't exercised in ages....I am the most unfit person in the world...
So, how should I start?...I want something regular that won't be too aggressive but will also start putting me into shape....
(I am a pretty skinny person anyway...I am just very unfit!)..
any advice?....

you can get urself a bike and cycle every morning. :rolleyes:
Reply 84
thenarbisbanned
Is there some sort of problem? I was only joking..

Anyway, I probably know more than you, and Ive never heard of this stretching stuff before, so go figure. :smile:

Streaching is important. Without it your muscles will begin to feel tense + shitty the next morning once you get to a certain level (so you cant work out for several days).

Latest

Trending

Trending