Turn on thread page Beta

Exercise.....help needed... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    um sorry mr beefcake. I'm no stranger to weight training since I started 7 years ago. If you must know, I did find it very hard to start with. On quite a few occasions, I threw up at the end of a session.

I don't know much about the benefits of stretching apart the fact that in sports, it's quite useful to keep your muscles flexibility. After a session, your muscles have become shorter from contraction. Stretching, keeps their flexibility and takes away the tensions.
    I'm sure I explained that like **** but there must be people who know more than me.
    Is there some sort of problem? I was only joking..

Anyway, I probably know more than you, and Ive never heard of this stretching stuff before, so go figure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    Since exams are over and I am free...I want to make myself more fit!...but I haven't exercised in ages....I am the most unfit person in the world...
    So, how should I start?...I want something regular that won't be too aggressive but will also start putting me into shape....
    (I am a pretty skinny person anyway...I am just very unfit!)..
    any advice?....
    if you want to start slow you can do fitness training. start by walking first and after a couple of days running/jogging. you can for example at first walk 5 min then run 5 then walk 5.....and after a while (couple of days) change to 10min, 15 etc.

once you have started say after a couple of weeks you can mix it with other things, like lifting weights or something.

So, how should I start?
    1) Get off arse
    2) Exercise

ReputationRep:
    Since exams are over and I am free...I want to make myself more fit!...but I haven't exercised in ages....I am the most unfit person in the world...
    So, how should I start?...I want something regular that won't be too aggressive but will also start putting me into shape....
    (I am a pretty skinny person anyway...I am just very unfit!)..
    any advice?....
    you can get urself a bike and cycle every morning. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    Is there some sort of problem? I was only joking..

Anyway, I probably know more than you, and Ive never heard of this stretching stuff before, so go figure.
    Streaching is important. Without it your muscles will begin to feel tense + *****y the next morning once you get to a certain level (so you cant work out for several days).

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2004
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.