Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I received my A2 results the other day. I was predicted an A in English lit, having achieved an A at AS. I got an A* in my coursework and thought the exam went well.
    However, I actually got a D in the exam, giving me a B overall. This happened to 2 of my classmates as well.

I was wondering if this was worth a remark. My remark would not depend on a university place, and because of this, my classmates aren't seeking a remark. However, I thought it was very odd and I don't know whether it's worth a remark since I'm genuinely confused. I'm a bit conflicted because I'm happy with a B, I just don't know what happened in that exam.

Any advice anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WanderingWindow)
    Hi all,

I received my A2 results the other day. I was predicted an A in English lit, having achieved an A at AS. I got an A* in my coursework and thought the exam went well.
    However, I actually got a D in the exam, giving me a B overall. This happened to 2 of my classmates as well.

I was wondering if this was worth a remark. My remark would not depend on a university place, and because of this, my classmates aren't seeking a remark. However, I thought it was very odd and I don't know whether it's worth a remark since I'm genuinely confused. I'm a bit conflicted because I'm happy with a B, I just don't know what happened in that exam.

Any advice anyone?
    I would go for a remark if you have the money. English Lit is extremely subjective so there is a high chance of your grade going up especially if you felt you did better. Also even though its not necessarily needed personally it would leave me with a bitter taste-its a matter of pride

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Any advice anyone?
    I have found myself in exactly the same with English Language as I also got an A at AS, a B overall at A Level , an A in my coursework and a D in the exam. I have already applied for a remark and am awaiting the results. A D to you is as probably as strange as it is for me, so please submit for a remark for your own peace of mind as I would imagine there has been an error somewhere. I achieved 71UMS for my exam which is equivalent to 37/80 raw. Even with errors, my essays have been a minimum of around 30 in class so to be getting almost 20 marks per essay seems completely implausible to me and I imagine your in a similar situation with UMS yourself. Best of luck and let me know how you get on
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    Hi all,

Any advice anyone?
    If it doesn't influence your university place, then personally there's no point. You should literally forget about A-levels now. Uni is where it really counts. Your A-levels have got to the place you wanted to go now. So literally, forget about it - uni is where the real sweat begins!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys for the advice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.