Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Results - C (Geography) C (Psychology) and D (Biology).
    I worked really hard for my results and when I saw these results my heart sank and I don't know why. I decided that I wasn't going to go to University beforehand and decided I wanted to pursue music as my Guitar teacher told me I have potential for a career. I first didn't want to but the A-Levels stressed me out to a point where at first I took my guitar teacher's wishes to heart and realised that this is what I would enjoy in life.
    I applied for Biology for Kent and Surrey. Needless to say I was rejected for both. My parents even got me a tutor for Biology which didn't improve. I came out of the exam feeling very happy that I did well but I got an E on the exam. My friends got into their universities of choice and I hate to feel this feeling of jealousy, I'm not a mean person.
    I kinda wanna retake these a levels or maybe with a different exam board maybe AQA (not OCR). These results are embarrassing and I don't want them to be an emotional burden on me for the rest of my life.
    I was thinking of getting the papers remarked or looked at whatever cause I felt I did very well .
    I don't know why I'm feeling this way, I just wanted to do well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sidneyy12)
    I worked really hard for my results and when I saw these results my heart sank and I don't know why. I decided that I wasn't going to go to University beforehand and decided I wanted to pursue music as my Guitar teacher told me I have potential for a career. I first didn't want to but the A-Levels stressed me out to a point where at first I took my guitar teacher's wishes to heart and realised that this is what I would enjoy in life.
    I applied for Biology for Kent and Surrey. Needless to say I was rejected for both. My parents even got me a tutor for Biology which didn't improve. I came out of the exam feeling very happy that I did well but I got an E on the exam. My friends got into their universities of choice and I hate to feel this feeling of jealousy, I'm not a mean person.
    I kinda wanna retake these a levels or maybe with a different exam board maybe AQA (not OCR). These results are embarrassing and I don't want them to be an emotional burden on me for the rest of my life.
    I was thinking of getting the papers remarked or looked at whatever cause I felt I did very well .
    Hey cheer up, it's not the end of the world. I experienced this myself in my first year where I thought I did good in my exams but did actually bad, I tried a new method of studying, where I mades sure I learnt everything required on the syllabus and had a timetable of when to study so I wasn't too stressed. Choosing what you want to do is entirely up to you and the only advise I can give you is that you choose something you will end up liking when you're older. So if you want to give A levels one more try, go for it and all the best ;D
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sidneyy12)
    I worked really hard for my results and when I saw these results my heart sank and I don't know why. I decided that I wasn't going to go to University beforehand and decided I wanted to pursue music as my Guitar teacher told me I have potential for a career. I first didn't want to but the A-Levels stresased me out to a point where at first I took my guitar teacher's wishes to heart and realised that this is what I would enjoy in life.
    Maybe take a foundation year, alot of unis are offering whatever course you want + foundation year (the foundation year is beneficial as it might make your first year doing the course easier )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.