Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I recently received my As levels and I got ACCD which I've been heartbroken about for the past few days. I've been working at As all year and have never worked so hard in my life. I've been getting As all year in law and I got 99% in one paper and then a U in the other?? So I averaged at a C. And I'm wanting to know, when I resit As whilst doing A2. Would it still be possible for me to get an A* in A2 if I resist law and get an A in both As papers??

    In short, yes, you could still get an A*. They just take the highest of the two A/S attempts. If you got a U it would be worth thinking about a remark (exam boards do sometimes make mistakes!). You should be able to ask to see the paper too, which will have marker annotations that might be helpful. Get the request in as soon as possible because the deadline is quite short and depending on the board you might only be able to request the paper after you have been given the results of any remark.
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni


    Essay expert

    Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

    Study planner

    Create a study plan

    Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

    Study planner

    Resources by subject

    Everything from mind maps to class notes.

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student doing homework

    Study tips from A* students

    Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

    Study help links and info

    Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

    Sponsored content:



    Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.