Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone ever had a positive experience remarking maths modules? watch

ReputationRep:
    I feel like its next to impossible to get more marks remarking maths modules, anyone had an experience otherwise?

ReputationRep:
    it's because maths mark schemes are very black and white, it's not like history or english.

however if you're close to a grade boundary, I'd say go for it!

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for? I just sent my C4 for a remark - just need 3 more marks://, i plan on sending back the other two as soon as it comes back

ReputationRep:
    My AS grade went up from a B to an A after I gained 1 UMS in a S1 remark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hascho9)
    I feel like its next to impossible to get more marks remarking maths modules, anyone had an experience otherwise?
    I'm sorry to say that the maths remarks I had only came back the same if not lower in terms of marks :O

Also the new rules for remarks may mean it is more difficult for students to be awarded extra marks. The new system means that the original examiner has to have made an obvious mistake in his or her marking, if there is a difference of opinion in the marking of a question, an examiner, as of this year, can NOT make adjustments to the number of marks awarded. This was done to clamp down on both the number of remarks, and the awarding of otherwise so-called "sympathy marks".

If you're close to a boundary and have nothing to lose still go for it though! You never know your examiner may have made a mistake, it is not unheard of.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.