Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Urgently need advice watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I did my first year of A levels and got one good grade 2 bad ones however the 2 bad ones don't count because they were internal. Anyways I also hate my subjects I did health and social care and I CANNOT stand it, I hate it so much. I don't know whether to re-do the year at my current school with different subjects or go to a college. I want to do art and business studies but the teachers for art and business are horrible (like really bad) and so thats why I was thinking about going to college. But if I go to college I won't know anyone there so I don't know what to do. What would you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idontknowmedoyou)
    So I did my first year of A levels and got one good grade 2 bad ones however the 2 bad ones don't count because they were internal. Anyways I also hate my subjects I did health and social care and I CANNOT stand it, I hate it so much. I don't know whether to re-do the year at my current school with different subjects or go to a college. I want to do art and business studies but the teachers for art and business are horrible (like really bad) and so thats why I was thinking about going to college. But if I go to college I won't know anyone there so I don't know what to do. What would you do?
    If I was in your position and the prospects for my subject at another institution were better, that's where I'd pick. Don't worry, you can still easily keep in contact with your friends, as well as make new ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idontknowmedoyou)
    IMO colleges tend to be much better for A-Levels. I'd say go there to do your new course

ReputationRep:
    I took up 4 subjects in AS and I honestly couldn't stand my 4th (Physics). Exams came around and I spent 50% of my time to it, only to get a D, I didn't take it onto A2 - About a week into my AS course, my teacher said something I remembered even to now. "You can't work towards something you have no passion for, you'll always fall short." Sadly, I only realised this 9 months into the course. Moral of the story is, if you don't like the subject, and have no passion - leave it. I wouldn't worry about having no friends at a college as you'll always find new ones, natural course of life. If I were you, and honestly didn't like my subjects, I would change them.

If you honestly don't think the school would offer sufficient support (i.e decent teachers) then maybe switching to a college isnt a bad idea. Although, I think you would be misjudging your teachers. No teacher becomes a teacher to be mean, or to offer bad support. They obviously have experience in their subject area, and if they gave you a detention one time because you were chewing gum, doesn't mean they're bad teachers. But only you can make that decision.

Hope this helps,
    M3WIZARD

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.