Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

This is really urgent, I've been accepted on the Law (European) course at Sheffield.

I wanted to know the diversity/ethnic make up of those at the uni and who do law at the uni. Are there lots of Asians at the university? Eg British Pakistanis.

A response would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield is very diverse, I think I read somewhere that around 23% of the student undergraduate population are residents from East Asian [predominantly Chinese]. I don't think there's a large British Pakistani population but there is a Pakistani Society.I would say that in law the majority are home/Eu students. You'd probably have it around 3:1 ratio of UKU so mostly white central European. From my memory of visiting the Law school and my friends who studied law, there was quite a mix. This is a tool to work out your rough ratio for your department.
    https://www-online.shef.ac.uk/pls/apex/f?p=136:2
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Daku)
    Hi,

This is really urgent, I've been accepted on the Law (European) course at Sheffield.

I wanted to know the diversity/ethnic make up of those at the uni and who do law at the uni. Are there lots of Asians at the university? Eg British Pakistanis.

A response would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi Daku

For our size, our student community is very diverse and includes British Pakistanis and students from Pakistan. The best group to contact for more info will be PakSoc, the University of Sheffield's Pakistan Society and all their contact details (FB, email and blog) are on the SU website.

Have a good week

Elizabeth
    UK/EU Recruitment Officer

ReputationRep:
    There isn't that many Indians or Pakistanis on the course but there is enough so you will see brown faces lol. The make up is more Chinese/Singapore/EU students. However there is Asians from Canada and America of Indian descent too. It's not somewhere like QMUL but it's not like Durham or Bristol either. I wouldn't worry about it anyway, with law you have limited contact hours and might not be as close with the cohort as other subjects, plus law seems to have this competitive vibe about it lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.