Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A Level German Revision Resources? A Question from an American Student Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I am an American high school student (in the US) about to enter the twelfth grade. I have been taking German for the past two years and am going to be taking Pre-AP German 3 in school this year. Pre-AP German 3 is supposed to prepare you to take Advanced Placement German 4 (AP is the American equivalent of A Levels, though I assume that A Levels are more rigorous and comprehensive than AP courses) the next year. I would like to take the AP German test because I would like to try to receive the AP International Diploma (I've heard it reviewed as the College Board's equivalent of IB, but, again, I know that IB is an actual program that's more rigorous and comprehensive), which requires you to take a certain number of examinations and receive at least a 3 out of 5 score on all of them. 3's are not very difficult to get, you just have to do mediocre work, but because I'll be taking the test in a foreign language, and also that I'm a year behind, I'll be needing to study outside of school. No US test prep companies make revision books for the AP German exam (despite making a book for every other AP subject), so I've been having a difficult time looking for resources that I can work on during the school year. I thought that maybe I could find good A Level resources that could possibly help me with this goal. Could anyone recommend any good A Level German revision books?

Thank you all!

P.S. I hope you all got the results you wanted on your exams, and I wish you all luck on getting into university and having a successful and happy time once in uni!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.