Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Portsmouth was my insurance therefore meaning I didn't get a place in the university's halls.

I found a private hall online called 'Fountain Hall' and I'm considering it.

Does anyone have any information about this private hall or any other private halls in Portsmouth? Thank you
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by Efrhe)
    Does anyone have any information about this private hall or any other private halls in Portsmouth? Thank you
    Hi

Congratulations on being offered a place at Portsmouth Uni.

I see that you are interested in private halls have you taken a look at our website www.unilife.co.uk. We have 3 halls in Portsmouth in the best university locations and offer high-end self-contained en-suite studios, including all bills, unlimited free super-speed Wi-Fi, TV and licence, free contents insurance, 24/7 CCTV security and access to our Unilife gym and social hub.

You can get a better idea as to the layout and quality of our accommodation by taking a 360 degree virtual tour of our studios here.

Feel free to get in touch if I can help in anyway.

Antony
    www.unilife.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Fountain Halls are really affordable and literally, are as good as they look online. I was initially really sceptical having seen them online because the rooms looked too good to be true but the people are lovely and the halls include both breakfast and dinner and most are en suite. I'll be staying there too for the year so definitely worth calling them and finding out whether they still have some rooms available as rooms were fast going. It's a brand new building and when i went for an open day, they were finishing work on it still but it's literally 30 seconds from town, 40 seconds from the train station, plenty of bus stops around and a short walk (extremely short) from the university buildings. If they don't pick up though, email them because i've found they are more likely to reply by email but definitely worth calling up, hope this isn't too late!

ReputationRep:
    We have just cancelled our room at Fountains Hall. We were originally told the agreement we had taken out was 40 weeks, and paid a deposit on this basis. When the terms and conditions eventually appeared the rental period had extended to 44 weeks, they refused to honour the original agreement, 'it was just a mistake'. The website also contains a link to a company called Unipol, which sounds very reassuring. Unipol have never heard of Fountains Hall and only actually supply accommodation in Leeds, Bradford and Nottingham. Apparently, this is another mistake!

When the terms and conditions do appear they are full of contradictions and errors and are different to those supplied on line. It is very obvious that they have been cobbled together from a University housing site.

To cut to the chase, I would stay very clear of Fountains Hall, they make too many mistakes for my liking.

If any body else is a first year looking for accommodation in Portsmouth, please get in touch.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else have an opinion on Fountain Hall please?

ReputationRep:
    My daughters got a room in Fountain Halls the rent quoted per week is accurate as they do it over 10 months pro rata.
    She's paying £600 per month for 10 months that's £150 per week.
    We visited and saw her room and met the owner.
    She's very happy and met 2 other first years.
    Location is excellent for Univeristy, town centre, rail way station and student's union.
    They are flexible with food times etc.
    The also have another hall that been open for 2 years.
    I much happier knowing she's staying there instead of a shared house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cdbroadley)
    My daughters got a room in Fountain Halls the rent quoted per week is accurate as they do it over 10 months pro rata.
    She's paying £600 per month for 10 months that's £150 per week.
    We visited and saw her room and met the owner.
    She's very happy and met 2 other first years.
    Location is excellent for Univeristy, town centre, rail way station and student's union.
    They are flexible with food times etc.
    The also have another hall that been open for 2 years.
    I much happier knowing she's staying there instead of a shared house.

That's brilliant. I have a room there too, gives me peace of mind that there's more than one first year student living there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Efrhe)
    That's brilliant. I have a room there too, gives me peace of mind that there's more than one first year student living there!
    Thank goodness I won't be the only first year student! Look forward to meeting everyone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.