Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 y/o guy.
    I've been with my girlfriend for almost a year now. I really do love her and she loves me. We argue quite a lot of the time though but we do make each other laugh and most of the time we enjoy each other's company. This is my second serious relationship and her first, and I'm not sure if I should keep seeing her?

The reason is because she gets very jealous but is very hypocritical.
    I don't have many friends who are girls, so talk to other girls rarely, and never in a flirty manner.. Even when I go clubbing. Recently she's been clubbing and talked to and hugged a guy whom she slept with before our relationship, and tonight she was out clubbing and when she showed a guy her Facebook profile, I was in her cover photo and she said I was her brother, only for a free drink.

This is the important bit: She's got BPD and is really not in control of her emotions, she's hit me in the past but it's been a long time since. (She was drunk) she's had therapy and seems better now but still not in full control of emotions

I've literally never got on with someone as much as her and never been so much in love but it's such a paradox..

What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaseHarrod96)
    I'm 20 y/o guy.
    I've been with my girlfriend for almost a year now. I really do love her and she loves me. We argue quite a lot of the time though but we do make each other laugh and most of the time we enjoy each other's company. This is my second serious relationship and her first, and I'm not sure if I should keep seeing her?

I don't have many friends who are girls, so talk to other girls rarely, and never in a flirty manner.. Even when I go clubbing. Recently she's been clubbing and talked to and hugged a guy whom she slept with before our relationship, and tonight she was out clubbing and when she showed a guy her Facebook profile, I was in her cover photo and she said I was her brother, only for a free drink.

This is the important bit: She's got BPD and is really not in control of her emotions, she's hit me in the past but it's been a long time since. (She was drunk) she's had therapy and seems better now but still not in full control of emotions

I've literally never got on with someone as much as her and never been so much in love but it's such a paradox..

What should I do?
    Try making a list of reasons as to why you should stay with her and a list of reasons why you shouldn't (if the for list is longer than the agains You should stay with her) if that doesn't help try flipping a coin and if you sad with the out come you know how you really feel.. Personally this sounds very complicated and although it looks like your girlfriend is a bit crazy you both do love each other in the end if you think you could find someone better that you might love more your only 20 and have all the time in the world to find your "soulmate"

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 y/o guy.

What should I do?
    My boyfriend can be a total idiot but like you, I still love him because we are great together. Leading to uni results I've been very stressed and so we've argued more and more but we're getting over it. The whole clubbing situation is a bit weird if I'm honest. If she'd lie and say you're her brother for a free drink I don't know what else she'd do... I think it's really unfair to not allow your partner to speak to the opposite sex. If you trust your partner, all should be fine. You should really talk to her about it, serious conversation, no ********, no funny business. If she still isn't fair towards you then she doesn't deserve your time and personally if I was you, I don't want to worry each time that my partner is out clubbing getting free drinks from girls and claiming he is single. Especially if it's someone they've been involved with before. BIG NO NO.

ReputationRep:
    she gets very jealous but is very hypocritical
    1. Man up and learn to put her firmly in her place the moment she opens your mouth

2. Ask yourself is she really the sort of person you want to be in a relationship with (lying about relationship status?)

3. Ask yourself are you really able to sustain a relationship with someone with BPD

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.