vegetarianism Watch

This discussion is closed.
Bhaal85
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
You can get vegetarian gelatine free jelly. I eat that. It tends to be sweeter than normal jelly but its ok mum made the xmas trifle with that so I could eat it.
Thats good. Trifle, in the words of Homer '.....It just tastes so good...mwhaaaah...'
Homegrownkitten
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by It'sPhil...)
yep she's insane

no really, the thing i hate most is half assed veggies who eat fish or only eat meat once a month or something. They just do it for whatever status they think it brings, not out of principle
I have been a vegetarian for a few years now. My reason for becoming vegetarian was that I was dusgusted at the way animals are treated in factory farms. I have recently started eating fresh fish, as long it does not come from a fish farm. A fish living in the ocean lives a full natural life, and if it wasnt caught for food by humans, it would eventually be eaten by another predator... thats just the way the it is.
LilMissSunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Falguni)
any veggies out there?
anyone ever tried being veggie and then gave up?
My friend tried being a vegetarian once. She did it over Christmas, and it lasted about two days! :rolleyes:
bond2004
Report 15 years ago
I've been a veggie for 3 years and don't miss eating meat.
sarahwhatevver
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Is it just me or does the meat in shops have a weird smell generally...?
(I dont have any form of meat including fish which i consider to be meat unlike some people have said in some of the posts....) but i do have eggs and milk and cheese so....
bond2004
Report 15 years ago
Same as i me.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm a veggi cos basically I'm picky and just don't like meat, although I tried to test whether I did like it still but couldn't bring myself to it cos it was weird to think I was eating what was once a living creature.

Have been since 12 so I guess I'm one of the teenage-veggie-converts. My boyfriend keeps begging me to try meat. But I just don't want to. Leave us be!
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bradders)
I saw a strawberry yoghurt in Safeways the other day which stated that it was “NOT SUTIBLE FOR VEGITARIANS” … some sort of genetic mutation or is it just a new flavour of a hunk of beef in the middle …
it'll have some freaky stuff in it. SOme bacon crisps are suitable for veggies but cheese and onion arent go figure.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Where do you vegetarians get your protein from?
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Where do you vegetarians get your protein from?
pulses and leafy green veg
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And I have to say some of the posts by some of you so called vegetarians are bloody hypocritical..
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by me!)
pulses and leafy green veg
How much protein per 100g do they contain?
EmJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bradders)
I saw a strawberry yoghurt in Safeways the other day which stated that it was “NOT SUTIBLE FOR VEGITARIANS” … some sort of genetic mutation or is it just a new flavour of a hunk of beef in the middle …
It probably contained gelatine to help it set. Muller Light yoghurts do, so avoid them if you're a veggie!
me!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How much protein per 100g do they contain?
no idea, sorry
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Id have to eat 1kg of lentils to get the amount of protein I currently eat on a vegetarian diet
me!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Id have to eat 1kg of lentils to get the amount of protein I currently eat on a vegetarian diet
I was a vegetarian for a couple of months last year, but mum made me eat meat again for iron :/
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by me!)
I was a vegetarian for a couple of months last year, but mum made me eat meat again for iron :/
Variety is key, I cant imagine being a veggy, especially given that they taste like ****.
innitman_uk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Variety is key, I cant imagine being a veggy, especially given that they taste like ****.
ive never tried eating a vegetarian

seriously, you find vegetarians lack variety in their food? try being vegetarian for a week - you'll find that you end up eating new things rather than a rotation of fish, burgers and sausages. if you miss the taste of meat, there are substitutes which are getting more authentic all the time.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've never seen the justification for vegitarianism to be honest, so i'm not.
Heidi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have 2 sister who just ''out of the blue'' became vegetarians. It is so annoying b/c my mom has to make them a special veggie meal when we ever we eat. And whenever we go out to eat they get salads! they could just not come at all and eat the greens at home!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (76)
17.31%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (281)
64.01%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.78%
Not yet but I might (61)
13.9%

Watched Threads