Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you get involved in Freshers as a stay-at-home student? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm entering my second year, and due to personal reasons, kept to myself and had trouble making friends. I didn't attend freshers, and I want to know how to get more involved this time around as a student who isn't living in halls/flats and is still living with family.
    How can one make more friends?

Do's and Don'ts might be helpful.

Thanks guys, in advance!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tealites)
    I'm entering my second year, and due to personal reasons, kept to myself and had trouble making friends. I didn't attend freshers, and I want to know how to get more involved this time around as a student who isn't living in halls/flats and is still living with family.

Thanks guys, in advance!
    If going on nights out isn't your thing - totally get it, it isn't mine - then really don't try too much in that way, or get involved in drinking if it's not your thing.

Have a look at the schedule and see what interests you and pick those things out, and you'll probably get to interact with people in the events, depending on what it is, and just try to have a natural conversation as possible with the people you meet and if you click, pursue it further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tealites)

Thanks guys, in advance!
    Definitely give societies a go. Even if you try something out and end up not liking it, it's still a great way to meet new faces, introduce yourself, be confident. Try lots of new things and I'm sure you'll find something you like.

ReputationRep:
    A: With difficulty :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    Join SkypeSoc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.