Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

So i received my AS results on Thursday and I was quite disappointed after getting AABB, having been predicted on 4As and working at that level the whole year. Having these grades, I am confused as to if I should still apply for Medicine, as I do understand that 3/4 of my subjects are linear.
    Below are my stats:

GCSEs: 6A*s 4As
    AS results:
    A - History
    A - Chemistry
    B - Biology
    B - Maths
    A2 predited: A*AA - If I keep maths/A*A*A - If i keep history
    UKCAT: (in September)

I have been recommended by my school to drop Maths and carry on with History since I got an A in it, although I do still have a choice if I should do Maths.
    I have thought about this, and considering I was a few marks off an A in Maths, I plan to retake a paper to bring it up to an A. I have also been considering to do Maths privately for A2, while carrying on with my other 3 subjects at my sixth form as my sixth form only allows you to take 3 A levels for A2. I am well aware this will mean more hard work, but I am committed to even working harder than I did this year, and for now this is just a thought. I know that some universities do not look at AS levels, but how much will the B in Maths hinder my chances considering its a non reformed A level?

Having said all this, what are your thoughts on if I should apply? Where should I consider applying etc with my current stats? If my UKCAT score is average in September or if not?

Thanks for any responses! I'm just really confused?!!

ReputationRep:
    If you're predicted AAA, then definitely apply

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.