The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
lil-pink-stars
They look okies :smile:
Not really what I would like on a guy but definitely an ok sort of shoe!

Well what sort go you like lps?
Reply 41
mangina
Situation: Guy lines up date with girl. What does he wear, where does he take her? etc. Advice needed.

Depends, is it going to be somebody that you want a long term relationship with, or just a summer fling?

In terms of what to wear, make an effort, girls like that. If it were me, and it was the first date, I'd wear some jeans (not the trampy variety), shoes (not trainers), a shirt or T-shirt and wear a suit jacket over it. Make sure your shoes are clean! though it's hard to describe without pictures, you should look alright, not too 'scruffy', and not too 'posh', yet the effort has been made.

How old are you? If your 18+, the local cinemas is definitely outta the question, I mean, how lame is it to take a girl out to the cinemas? lol. I'd take her to a nice resturaunt, and depending if I wanted to be stern or not, split the bill between us. It all depends, there is no set way, you just go with the flow, I suppose and just act naturally, above everything else don't be a jerk, and make sure you've done your homework, like don't take a vegetarian to a steak house, lol!

Well I hope I've helped you out a bit, if not just fire away!
mangina
Well what sort go you like lps?

Oooh I guess I like mostly trainers :redface: , Converse All Stars, or the Dunlop trainers, I don't know why but I'm more drawn to trainers rather than shoes!
Reply 43
Bhaal85
Depends, is it going to be somebody that you want a long term relationship with, or just a summer fling?

In terms of what to wear, make an effort, girls like that. If it were me, and it was the first date, I'd wear some jeans (not the trampy variety), shoes (not trainers), a shirt or T-shirt and wear a suit jacket over it. Make sure your shoes are clean! though it's hard to describe without pictures, you should look alright, not too 'scruffy', and not too 'posh', yet the effort has been made.

How old are you? If your 18+, the local cinemas is definitely outta the question, I mean, how lame is it to take a girl out to the cinemas? lol. I'd take her to a nice resturaunt, and depending if I wanted to be stern or not, split the bill between us. It all depends, there is no set way, you just go with the flow, I suppose and just act naturally, above everything else don't be a jerk, and make sure you've done your homework, like don't take a vegetarian to a steak house, lol!

Well I hope I've helped you out a bit, if not just fire away!

Ta. Hoepefully long term relationship. What sort of shoes would you wear then? I was thinking suit jacket, nice tee, jean combination but unsure about shoes.
Reply 44
mangina
Ta. Hoepefully long term relationship. What sort of shoes would you wear then? I was thinking suit jacket, nice tee, jean combination but unsure about shoes.

Well, whatever looks good, don't wear shiny ass shoes, and avoid trainers at all costs.
mangina

The shoes you picked would go very well with that outfit wouldn't they?
lil-pink-stars
Oooh I guess I like mostly trainers :redface: , Converse All Stars, or the Dunlop trainers, I don't know why but I'm more drawn to trainers rather than shoes!
I'm personally a huge fan of Aldo http://www.aldoshoes.com
I hate wasting time so anything that they sell is usually great and is always a great smart/casual combination.

Bhaal85

There's nothing wrong with taking a girl to the cinema. Especially is she's a cultured type of girl, you could take her to see a classic (if you have that kind of movie theatre your way).

I could never expect a girl to pay half of the bill. She'd have to really insist.

Latest

Trending

Trending