Falmouth Uni - Film BA/Television BA

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I am applying to Falmouth for next year (2017/18) and am hugely interested in the Ba Film course AND the BA Television course. I have experience in both and have a passion for both so I cant decide. The film course looks more theory which makes me what to choose the Television one. Any current students can help me out? Let me know what its like? Im also really into editing, is there much of that on either course?

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    i shall find out when i go there in september.. i personally picked the film bc i liked that it was more theory so i wouldnt always be doing practical stuff in the filming rooms etc so i could study on my own in my own time aswell, but hey it depends what you prefer because both courses will help you get into the industry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sofiaaclara)
    i shall find out when i go there in september.. i personally picked the film bc i liked that it was more theory so i wouldnt always be doing practical stuff in the filming rooms etc so i could study on my own in my own time aswell, but hey it depends what you prefer because both courses will help you get into the industry
    Hi! Thanks for the reply! Im guessing youve started already? Any updates on the course? Have you met anyone from the other course? What do you/they think?

ReputationRep:
    Heyy I'm hoping to be in the same course next year, so nice to meet you haha😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wnfl0303)
    Heyy I'm hoping to be in the same course next year, so nice to meet you haha😁
    Hey! hahah nice to meet you too! Ive got an interview for television course in Jan! Yourself???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LIMCS)
    Hey! hahah nice to meet you too! Ive got an interview for television course in Jan! Yourself???
    Cool! I haven't applied yet haha Still working on my personal statement but I'm almost done! I hope I get the interview too! Best of luck for your interview!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wnfl0303)
    Cool! I haven't applied yet haha Still working on my personal statement but I'm almost done! I hope I get the interview too! Best of luck for your interview!!
    Thanks! hope you get one/get an offer too

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering how essential you think it is to have a macbook for this course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxo1243669)
    Just wondering how essential you think it is to have a macbook for this course?
    I doubt it is essential, obviously a macbook is one of the best but on the open day they had a room full of iMacs, two per person for editing etc so I highly doubt it will matter if you do or not.

But Im just guessing here. 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LIMCS)
    I doubt it is essential, obviously a macbook is one of the best but on the open day they had a room full of iMacs, two per person for editing etc so I highly doubt it will matter if you do or not.

But Im just guessing here. 😊
    Thats great! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LIMCS)
    Hi! Thanks for the reply! Im guessing youve started already? Any updates on the course? Have you met anyone from the other course? What do you/they think?
    hey so i initally picked film, i thought it would suit me more...but i was wrong. i do not have extensive knowledge about films and directors, but i thought it would be okay seeing as i could learn...i was wrong. i found it extremely difficult to understand anything the lecturers were talking about, it was like trying to learn chinese or something, so i switched, it was very easy and the staff were really nice about it, i switched to television, which is probably better, i got to travel to other coastal areas and film short clips in a documentary style etc, im very much more suited to television, however me personally im having a very hard time making friends..im quite different and people dont seem to gel well with me on the course. saying all that, this all depends on you and who you are, do you watch television and series more or films, making friends will probably be easy for you so dont worry about that, i hope u applied for both, sorry im very late, i think the ucas deadline is gone i didnt get notifications from student room!!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 19, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.