Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got
    A for Sociology
    B for Politics
    E for Economics

I didn't struggle during the year in Economics I was getting B's, C's and maybe the occasional A, however I got really nervous and my mind went blank during the exam. The good thing is that Economics doesn't count as it is the new A level. However, I want to apply for Birmingham University that has an entry requirement of ABB and Kent which has BBB entry requirement I was also looking at the KPMG school leaver's programme which has the same entry requirements (ABB). Do you think I have a chance to get an offer as my other 2 subjects are good?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, yes I still think you have a good chance. Your predicted grades could potentially be A*AB/AAB/AAC which are all really good. When you go back to college, tell your economics teacher what happened in the exam. They should understand that you don't usually get Es anyway so it would be silly of them to predict you an E or a D if they have seen that you can do much better.
    Having an amazing personal statement will help you a lot as well.
    As long as you are confident that you'll be able to achieve a B in economics by the end of next year, I wouldn't worry too much! Even though you have achieved an E in the AS exam, you'll now have a clean slate when you start studying for your A-level exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessika300599)
    Hey, yes I still think you have a good chance. Your predicted grades could potentially be A*AB/AAB/AAC which are all really good. When you go back to college, tell your economics teacher what happened in the exam. They should understand that you don't usually get Es anyway so it would be silly of them to predict you an E or a D if they have seen that you can do much better.
    Having an amazing personal statement will help you a lot as well.
    As long as you are confident that you'll be able to achieve a B in economics by the end of next year, I wouldn't worry too much! Even though you have achieved an E in the AS exam, you'll now have a clean slate when you start studying for your A-level exams
    Thank you so much for your advice.... I have been sleepless for the last 3 days and worrying about the future so it is highly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by costa21)
    Thank you so much for your advice.... I have been sleepless for the last 3 days and worrying about the future so it is highly appreciated
    No problem I am in a similar situation myself as I got a D in my AS physics this year so I have been worrying a lot about how it will affect my chance of getting offers from universities, but I guess all we can do work super hard next year to show that we can do much better!

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree with you. I just hope our teachers can just predict was a B at worst to get university offers

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.